Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
25mm tanwall tubular...nice tire.
I'd swear the Roubaix tires I have are bigger then 25, more like a 28 I'd say. I love those tires so I hope there is a replacement.

---

I pretty much only ride Veloflex these days, life is too short! Even for clinchers, their Masters, are the best clincher tires ever.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:26 PM

You guys that ordered direct from Veloflex in Italy - how did they ship them?

I am looking to place an order and they are listing DHL as the shipping option to Bermuda but I need to make sure it's the courier service and not the DHL service that gets dumped into the general mail service, as often happens in Germany.

Our incoming airmail is still an absolute clustercfk these days and I want to avoid it at all costs.

Cheers
Old 02-26-2021, 11:34 AM

Does anyone have any more feedback with the new Veloflex Corsa's? Open tubular's, in particular? I am hoping to find some cotton cased gumwalls that are more affordable than Turbo Cotton's, that aren't Corsa's. I had bad luck with Corsa's and punctures - road debris constantly got stuck in the grooves on the tread.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:42 AM

Before I went Tubular only over 7-8 years ago, I only rode Veloflex Open Tubular tires. I would switch to Michelin Pro4's but always went back to Veloflex. They're that good.

I just ordered (2) Tubular tires from Veloflex on Monday, and they were delivered Wednesday. haha 2 Day DHL shipping for free. Simply amazing
Old 02-26-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
Does anyone have any more feedback with the new Veloflex Corsa's? Open tubular's, in particular? I am hoping to find some cotton cased gumwalls that are more affordable than Turbo Cotton's, that aren't Corsa's. I had bad luck with Corsa's and punctures - road debris constantly got stuck in the grooves on the tread.
Haven't ridden the newest, but ran the previous-gen Corsa "28's" (really 27 which was perfect) on my Bedford all summer and they were great. They replaced Vittoria Corsa Control 25's and were slightly bigger and lasted all summer without issue. Easy to mount, great ride, and no significant cuts in the tires.

If you're in an area where Vitorias pick up tons of crap, try the Corsa Controls too, they come in tan walls and tend to do better with thicker rubber/different pattern versus the standard. I switch to either these or Conti's depending on what I have on hand each time we go to Miami (2-4x per year) since the coral down there loves to burrow into the grooves.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:14 PM

I’ve been riding the new Corsa Evo 28 clinchers last summer. Fabulous tyres. Similar feel to Vittoria Corsas but with a smooth surface rather than grooved. On Bora One rims they come up bang on 28 and not too different to the Vittorias in a 25. Friends have told me they don’t last but so far so good and no sign of a problem. Great road feel, way nicer than a GP5000. And feels nice to be riding a handmade product from a small Italian producer

Last edited by clarendon; 02-26-2021 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarendon View Post
I’ve been riding the new Corsa Evo 28 clinchers last summer. Fabulous tyres. Similar feel to Vittoria Corsas but with a smooth surface rather than grooved. On Bora One rims they come up bang on 28 and not too different to the Vittorias in a 25. Friends have told me they don’t last but so far so good and no sign of a problem. Great road feel, way nicer than a GP5000. And feels nice to be riding a handmade product from a small Italian producer
Thanks for this. How's the wet grip? In my experience that was the one area the previous corsa's fell short....
Old 02-26-2021, 07:05 PM

Thanks everyone. Don't suppose anyone has ridden both the new Veloflex and also a Turbo Cotton? I think the latter is the finest riding clincher I've ever ridden hence the desire to get as close to it as possible without spending $176 after a tax for two tyres.....
Old 02-27-2021, 06:01 AM
Proud Grandpa

Paging BikeTiresDirect gent

Once again..for the BTD gent(banner ad 'up there')..still going to sell Veloflex even tho the manufacturer is now competing with you?

https://www.biketiresdirect.com/search/veloflex
Old 02-27-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Suegiù View Post
What model/year is your Casati? It is sublime.

(But blackwalls always enhance already sublime beauty more than gumwalls do. That is just a fact of life. )
Really need to see more photos of that colnago 👀👀
Old 02-27-2021, 07:28 AM

I like that the tire pressure calculator on their website doesn't go beyond 95kg rider weight; very Italian of them :-))
Old 02-27-2021, 11:44 AM
PegoNagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveandbarb1 View Post
>>But blackwalls always enhance already sublime beauty more than gumwalls do. That is just a fact of life. )

Those fighting words for many of us here
Agreed!
Old 02-27-2021, 11:48 AM
PegoNagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
I am on the Veloflex Corsas on my 2 main bikes. Absolutely love them - the feel is amazing and grip is top-notch. They measure inflated as 1mm narrower than the listed width. So my 28's measure at 27mm and my 25's measure 24mm. Those are on my Bora Ultra 35 clinchers.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritchet74 View Post
I am on the Veloflex Corsas on my 2 main bikes. Absolutely love them - the feel is amazing and grip is top-notch. They measure inflated as 1mm narrower than the listed width. So my 28's measure at 27mm and my 25's measure 24mm. Those are on my Bora Ultra 35 clinchers.
Good to know - thanks. Turns out Chain Reaction are clearing out Open Pave's at $30 a pop, and given it may be my last chance to grab some and with them being my favourite tyres of all time, I ordered ten of them. I think I should be good for tyres for a while...
Old 02-27-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbb View Post
Thanks for this. How's the wet grip? In my experience that was the one area the previous corsa's fell short....
Can’t say I’ve noticed an issue but I am not riding that bike often in the wet.