Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2020, 09:46 PM
Deconditioned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaking20 View Post
Rails parallel to the floor may be a little too nose down - but probably a good SWAG. The advice my fitter (who is a BG fit instructor) gave me for setting up my standard Power is to set a clipboard on the saddle so it's across the front and rear of the saddle, place a level/angle finder (I use an app on my phone) on the clipboard and the saddle should be ~2.5-4.5* nose down. Just based on the side profile of the Mirror compared to regular Power, I'd say they probably end up being somewhere a little different - but hopefully that gets you close-ish.
This is good info on the Power saddle. I have one now. I'm getting along fine with it. Doesn't feel as "comfy" as the Power Arc as those are not as flat as the Power. I seem to settle into the Power Arc and sit more atop the Power. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be.

I've been curios about these Mirror saddles too. Eye-wateringly expensive but supposedly the most comfy thing ever.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:18 PM

The idea behind the mirror is that Specialized will be able to take some measurements of your butt and then can make a saddle just for you.

I love the s-works power arc but I think this saddle is a bit better.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:41 PM

Thanks Yinzerniner & Imaking20, greatly appreciated. I tried a few more adjustments but I am not suited to this saddle (it may be too race oriented for me) so returned under 30 day satisfaction guarantee.