Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2024, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glepore View Post
Will try that. Didn't know it existed.
That dark mode has existed since Sunday the 17th. I tried it on the 18th at night and couldn't see a thing. I had high hopes. I did just get another update (if you have a wahoo you are used to this) last night, but havent figured out whats new. I can look it up on their website, just havent had time.

edited to add, March 20 Fixed: bug fixes and stability improvements

Last edited by Old School; 03-21-2024 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:29 AM

Updates coming: https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/maj...control-added/
Old 03-26-2024, 08:24 AM
Back At It!

^ Thanks!
Old 03-26-2024, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
So this update now seems to be officially available. I just downloaded it and am playing with the new features at my desk (lights and music control).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POPQJMwAFCw

One question on the ANT+ light control and lighting networks. I have a Garmin Varia 510 on my Cervelo (paired with a Cygolite Metro up front) and a Bontrager Ion Pro/Flare RT (also ANT+) that are normally on a different bike. I am able to pair all three of these to the Wahoo and individually control them. My question is about auto start/stop.

It seems that when I turn my Wahoo Bolt v2 on it will find all three of these which makes sense and they are originally off. When I hit "Start Ride" all THREE turn on. Ending the ride then turns them off. Starting a new ride again turns all three on again.

What I would like is for only the radar to turn on when I hit "start" but not the Bontragers. It doesn't seem that turning the Bontragers off manually (either at the light or from the Wahoo) saves that state for the next time I hit start. Is there some configuration I'm missing? I'm not too familiar with ANT+ lighting networks and don't know if there is any concept of managing multiple bikes.
Old 03-26-2024, 12:13 PM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
What I would like is for only the radar to turn on when I hit "start" but not the Bontragers. It doesn't seem that turning the Bontragers off manually (either at the light or from the Wahoo) saves that state for the next time I hit start. Is there some configuration I'm missing? I'm not too familiar with ANT+ lighting networks and don't know if there is any concept of managing multiple bikes.
watching LLama's video, it seemed like you could change the setting for each individual light to come or not maybe? sorry, I don't have Ant+ lights, so..

and thanks for posting the video, I was just about to..
Old 03-26-2024, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
watching LLama's video, it seemed like you could change the setting for each individual light to come or not maybe? sorry, I don't have Ant+ lights, so..
FWIW I don't see the "auto control bike lights toggle in my companion app (I updated the bolt twice today) the way his video shows. There is nothing between "include zeros in average power" and "supersapiens glucose".

I am finding the lights do turn on to the last active mode (fast flash, low, high, etc) but NOT OFF. Even if I turn one of the lights off manually while the ride is active, when I end a ride (turning computer off or not, doesn't matter) and then start a new one they all turn on.

I'm leaning towards forgetting the Bontragers in the computer normally and possibly adding them manually if/when I want to. Main thing I want to avoid is those lights turning on and running to zero when I'm riding a bike that doesn't have them mounted.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:12 PM
Back At It!

Quote:
FWIW I don't see the "auto control bike lights toggle in my companion app (I updated the bolt twice today) the way his video shows. There is nothing between "include zeros in average power" and "supersapiens glucose".
maybe the update isn't out out to everyone yet? I didn't see it yesterday when I was futzing with my Wahoo.. and it did sound like there would be some incremental updates like with the GoPro controls..
Old 03-26-2024, 03:48 PM

Quote:

I am finding the lights do turn on to the last active mode (fast flash, low, high, etc) but NOT OFF. Even if I turn one of the lights off manually while the ride is active, when I end a ride (turning computer off or not, doesn't matter) and then start a new one they all turn on.

I'm leaning towards forgetting the Bontragers in the computer normally and possibly adding them manually if/when I want to. Main thing I want to avoid is those lights turning on and running to zero when I'm riding a bike that doesn't have them mounted.
You want the Wahoo Element to remember the "last used position" of one of three other accessories it speaks to after the fact? I don't think the unit is that smart, pretty sure it's just on or off.

Am I understanding you correctly?
Old 03-27-2024, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
You want the Wahoo Element to remember the "last used position" of one of three other accessories it speaks to after the fact? I don't think the unit is that smart, pretty sure it's just on or off.

Am I understanding you correctly?
It actually DOES remember the position (light mode). What I'm looking for is a per light (rather than all/none) automatic ON with ride start. This may not exist. Just wondering if anyone with multiple bikes that have ANT+ lights on more than one (and don't always move them) has any experience with this (even on Garmin).
Old 03-27-2024, 11:30 AM

Quote:
It actually DOES remember the position (light mode). What I'm looking for is a per light (rather than all/none) automatic ON with ride start. This may not exist. Just wondering if anyone with multiple bikes that have ANT+ lights on more than one (and don't always move them) has any experience with this (even on Garmin).
I think we are saying the same thing.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
That dark mode has existed since Sunday the 17th. I tried it on the 18th at night and couldn't see a thing. I had high hopes. I did just get another update (if you have a wahoo you are used to this) last night, but havent figured out whats new. I can look it up on their website, just havent had time.

edited to add, March 20 Fixed: bug fixes and stability improvements
I tried Dark Mode on my last ride and quickly went back. Very hard for me to read
Old 03-27-2024, 03:44 PM

My original Elemnt today seemed to lose my current speed at the very end of my 50 mile ride, that portion of the screen went all black, then it popped back on but didn't get above about 9 mph for the last 1/2 mile of my ride, and I definitely was going faster. Any ideas what causes this? Never had it happen before.

Edit: when I look at the ride in RidewithGPS, I see that my speed went to 0 mph at 49.34 miles, then straightlined back up to 623 mph at 49.51 miles. Then it dropped down to +/- 17 mph (actually what I was probably doing) even though it was reading roughly 1/2 that.

Last edited by NHAero; 03-27-2024 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:29 PM
#RYFB

Thanks @Wunder for the link to the GPLama video, I never would have noticed that addition, though for me the only real value is the addition of the "radar on, light off" option.

I can see how the music control is valuable for some, but not for me (turns BOLT on to toggle the music control page off).
Old 03-27-2024, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
My original Elemnt today seemed to lose my current speed at the very end of my 50 mile ride, that portion of the screen went all black, then it popped back on but didn't get above about 9 mph for the last 1/2 mile of my ride, and I definitely was going faster. Any ideas what causes this? Never had it happen before.

Edit: when I look at the ride in RidewithGPS, I see that my speed went to 0 mph at 49.34 miles, then straightlined back up to 623 mph at 49.51 miles. Then it dropped down to +/- 17 mph (actually what I was probably doing) even though it was reading roughly 1/2 that.
You using a wheel speed sensor or gps? Sounds like you had a dropout, and when it came back up it saw that you covered 2 /10s of a mile in what appeared to be 2 seconds...so likely a gps dropout or time issue.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glepore View Post
You using a wheel speed sensor or gps? Sounds like you had a dropout, and when it came back up it saw that you covered 2 /10s of a mile in what appeared to be 2 seconds...so likely a gps dropout or time issue.
Thanks, GPS dropout it must have been.