Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfeet View Post
I’ve owned a new gen madone, emonda, and Domane recently and all are awesome. I would say that the rear end of the madone matches the emonda in compliance but the front end was a little stiffer comparatively. This was on the previous 1piece bar/stem not the 2019 set up though. The madone always felt like it wanted to pick up speed and was awesome. The emonda just did everything really well. Personally, If I owned a Domane I would buy a madone. Right now I have a Boone until I buy a new p1 emonda Disc.

We share the same Trek addiction! I have a 2015 Emonda SL (H2) with Ultegra 6800. Light and super strong climber. I have a 2018 Domane SLR (H2), and it's the most comfortable yet fast bike I've ever ridden. Naturally, having a real race bike is my next goal here. I'm confident that I'd love the new 2019 Madone, but the issue is fit. I'm not sure the new H1.5 fit will get me tall enough. I talked with a guy in P1, and there is a limit to the length of the steerer tube they'll send (liability reasons), so I have around a 15mm gap in the stack I need vs. the stack I can get from the Madone. The new 2019 Venge will fit me, but I'm sure it won't be as comfy as the Trek would be IF it was tall enough in the stack.

Darrin
Old 10-01-2018, 08:51 PM

Have owned a Madone and currently a Specialized Tarmac. I thought the Madone was awesome until I got a Tarmac. The two bikes didn't compare. The Tarmac seems to ride smoother, faster acceleration and stiffer. The Venge might be a different story though.