Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-31-2019, 07:38 AM

Seeking reviews on Stradapista in Florida

Hi,

I came across an eBay ad that claimed to be from a bricks and mortar store called Sradapista in Wesley Chapel, Florida.
Other than a web site, I cannot find any further info on this place.
Anyone had any dealings or knowledge about it?

Thanks
Old 08-31-2019, 11:59 AM

I believe around Tampa.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:34 PM

I don’t know but elsewhere on that webpage it states specifically that they are based out of Vermont and at the bottom of the page it gives the Florida information.

May be somebody who’s got a few solid deals and is completely legitimate, but for me it looks too sketchy to consider dropping serious coin.

Last edited by Malinois; 08-31-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:45 PM

I live in the area of Tampa next to Wesley Chapel and have never heard of this place. Definitely not a real brick and mortar shop that has been open doing business. Maybe it is new and they are planning to open in the future?? I looked up the address and it is only 15-20 minutes from me so out of curiosity I plan to drive by later when I am out buying more hurricane snacks since I have already had the ones I bought the other day. I will let you know what I find.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:37 PM

https://stradapista.com/
Maybe an enthusiast / one-person operation ?
Old 08-31-2019, 04:08 PM
Picshooter

If you go to the address provided on the website and streetview it, it's an apartment complex.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:40 PM

I can confirm that the address listed on the website is not a brick and mortar bike shop, it is in fact a building in a relatively new apartment complex. A car in front of me went through the gates to the complex so I followed right in and found the address on the building, it was all residential and no retail spaces in the place. Shocking that someone would misrepresent something on ebay?!
Old 08-31-2019, 07:45 PM

Familiar with the area because i used to live close to USF...

If you look the guy has pictures of some items inside of the apartment. Looks like a 1 man operation and he does everything from home. The issue is that doubt management would allow to have an operation like that in the apt. complex but that is just something I can just speculate and I really dont care at all

https://stradapista.com/
Old 09-01-2019, 05:29 AM

Hi,

Thanks so much for the sleuthing!

Guy has Bora WTO's for sale on eBay at a great price. Claims to offer warranty etc., bad mouths Chain Reaction and ProBikeKit, but sounds like it's the pot calling the kettle black!

Appreciate the help with my due diligence.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:53 AM

Well its a nice looking website - the VT - FL location thing is weird. Dont think I'd send them my $
Old 09-02-2019, 01:34 PM

Location: Currently Tampa, Moving to NC ( hope by October/November)
Strada Pista reply from owner Liam

Hey cyclists,

Liam here owner of Strada Pista.

Ive been reading all the threads and recently requested to be added so i can respond to any confusion and set the record straight.

Long story short:

I am a professional Bike builder and Mechanic. I used to race in Europe when I had less grey hair and maybe a kilo lighter ( Im at 137 lbs@ 5'8)

I now have a build shop which is not open to visitors , mainly because its not in a good area. so I keep my goods in Wesley Chapel. as shown on my webpage

I did own a retail brick & mortar in the Atlanta area a few years ago. I sold that shoppe and house after my Dad got critically ill and needed me to be by his side.

Florida has posed to be a very challenging cycling area.. I was not convinced Id stay had it not been for my Dad being in and out of Moffitt I had a place in Vermont all lined up and the owners changed their minds on selling../

I am now buying a place in the Blue Ridge Mtn/ Great Smokey Mtn area. but for now I am here in Tampa area.

I have worked with many a legendary builders:
incl:
Casati
Pegoretti ( i own Dario's last greatest builds)
Formigli
Epoca
Cinelli
Sarto
a few lesser known too.

I have my professional relationships in tact as a builder.
We are allowed to build in Non Retail locales and still buy direct.

The issue with overseas suppliers is many
PBK etc,

Their components and wheels are not covered by a Warranty in the USA
they will get taxed
PBK ships out of the Netherlands and the last time I ordered a set of wheels it took them 4 weeks to deliver ( a set I did not have in my inventory nor did Campy , Italy.) when they arrived it was the wrong wheel. so I had to ask them to take it back)

I always highly recommend to work with local a LBS or at least shops located in the USA for that and many other reasons.

I do have some listings on Ebay. It helps drive traffic to my shop and keep us afloat in these very difficult times . Ebay as you may or may not know separated from Paypal. I had many issues with overseas transactions using Paypal.. so I no longer accept it.
Ebay has also terminated their credit card acceptance and is now working on their own Merchant solutions for sellers to accept credit cards under their guise.

I hope this clarifies the confusion and although Im virtual for now.. I still can take orders and do builds accordingly and of course you are welcome to stop by the clubhouse and have a coffee or go for a ride around our little backroads .
my cell: 813-981-4859
Feel free to reach out anytime.

Liam
Strada Pista
Gianni Cicli Designs