Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2024, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff_duffy View Post
Should I ask for a discount? They fixed the website.
They fixed the spelling mistake in the image, but the copy still says the bike has been “optmised” around 28-32mm and then later 28-30mm “tyres”. If they’re paying that much attention to details of their marketing, makes one wonder how much they’re paying attention to bike design, and bike building…but maybe they shave dollars wherever they can so they can afford to ride their own bikes!
Old 03-02-2024, 12:07 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrider View Post
They fixed the spelling mistake in the image, but the copy still says the bike has been “optmised” around 28-32mm and then later 28-30mm “tyres”. If they’re paying that much attention to details of their marketing, makes one wonder how much they’re paying attention to bike design, and bike building…but maybe they shave dollars wherever they can so they can afford to ride their own bikes!
Inferring a lack of attention to their core business of frame design and manufacturing from some marketing copy mistakes puts you on pretty shaky ground, I think. I find copy editing errors nearly every day in casually reading the NYT, and the copy is their product.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
Inferring a lack of attention to their core business of frame design and manufacturing from some marketing copy mistakes puts you on pretty shaky ground, I think. I find copy editing errors nearly every day in casually reading the NYT, and the copy is their product.
Well, far be it from me to disagree with my favorite grammarian, but I do here. That’s a significant disparity in facts. Which is it? 30c max or 32c max? If I’m spending that amount of money, I want to know.

There was (is) a high end carbon frame manufacturer that didn’t list their prices or warranty information. When I inquired about them, they said they would be adding that information in the future. I passed.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:34 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Well, far be it from me to disagree with my favorite grammarian, but I do here. That’s a significant disparity in facts. Which is it? 30c max or 32c max? If I’m spending that amount of money, I want to know.
Sure, that's a nontrivial mistake, but come on … if I'm considering spending $20k on a bike I'm going to have a lengthy discussion with the builder and trust they'll know the right answer.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrider View Post
First, I see "optimized" spelled correctly on their website.
Second, "tyre" is the correct spelling in Australia.
Third, why would a couple of typos on a bike manufacturers website make any difference?
Old 03-02-2024, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa63 View Post
The benefit of hidden cables is ~2 Watts at 45 km/h, which is ~0.6 Watt at 30 km/h (18.8 mph).

Power is proportional to speed cubed -- (30kph/45kph)^3 = 0.3 and 0.3 x 2 Watts = 0.6 Watt

https://road.cc/content/feature/full...orth-it-306249
Well that makes it worth it.