Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2021, 07:22 PM

As stated above. It becomes a hassle when you receive availability messages. The other thing is that it is a different type of market here and not always indicative of the actual market. When I want to sell my stuff I typically price it to sell.

I understand wanting the reference point. I keep a mental note of items I am interested in get listed for. Most folks who do a lot of buying/selling here are not out to turn a major profit from my experience. Fair and honest transactions are the norm.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
Seriously?? Is it such a big deal? It's not like you're talking about a multi-million dollar business deal.
Hahaha - (I got a big kick out of your response). So right - maybe they are afraid the IRS is monitoring the Paceline.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCogset View Post
You can't even get Amazon to tell you what a bike part price was when the last sale was made, nor tell you what their price will be tomorrow.
Not tomorrow, but Camelcamelcamel will tell you what is has been in the past
Old 01-22-2021, 05:04 AM

If you really care that much, just go to the waybackmachine.org

Nothing really disappears from the web,
Old 01-22-2021, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
The other thing is that it is a different type of market here and not always indicative of the actual market. When I want to sell my stuff I typically price it to sell.
This! I always post my stuff here first and at a lower cost then I would post else where. Also 9 times out of 10 sells even cheaper via PM. The way I see it. When I sell something it is because I am picking something else up. If that item is a really good deal I sell off something also at a really good deal. To me when I sell an item its not so much about the item but getting the cash for the item I am picking up so I don't loose out.

Example. I can grab a Argonaut RM3 for $2000. = Colnago C64 I would sell for $2000.

We are all friends here, at least I like to think so. If I am helping someone get something they want/need and so am I... Win Win!

Most of the time with purchasing here, money just gets passed around from person to person for goods. Adam buys a set of wheels from me for $500 2 months down the road I buy a groupset from him for $500. See what I mean...

So to repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
The other thing is that it is a different type of market here and not always indicative of the actual market. When I want to sell my stuff I typically price it to sell.

Last edited by huck*this; 01-22-2021 at 05:22 AM.