Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2018, 01:46 PM

The Timidwolves are a complete dumpster fire.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:37 PM

It feels like only yesterday when I was screaming and depressed when we didn't get Wiggins. After all, his athleticism would translate perfectly on the defensive side of the court!

I also remember thinking...

They really drafted KAT over a proven stud like Okafor? Wow will they regret that one!

I don't know why I wasn't considered for the GM job.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post
It feels like only yesterday when I was screaming and depressed when we didn't get Wiggins. After all, his athleticism would translate perfectly on the defensive side of the court!

They really drafted KAT over a proven stud like Okafor? Wow will they regret that one!

You and David “pass up steph curry twice in 7 picks” Kahn both seem like natural fits.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post

Not to totally defend Wiggins here, but it ain't like the Timberwolves are exactly a model organization where stars go to thrive.

If his formative years were with LeBron, maybe he turns into a different player?
Old 09-22-2018, 02:32 AM

For good teams like GS its about motivation if they show up every night motivated that team wins 63 games without question. But that may not happen.

The team with both some talent and something to prove are the Lakers I'd put money on them for an over before GS and I'm a GS fan
Old 09-22-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
For good teams like GS its about motivation if they show up every night motivated that team wins 63 games without question. But that may not happen.

The team with both some talent and something to prove are the Lakers I'd put money on them for an over before GS and I'm a GS fan
In a recent podcast episode with your boy, Bill Simmons, Curry talked about the team losing a bit of motivation/ drive this last season and that with the addition of Cousins and the energy he brings, the Warriors might have that fire again.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:42 PM

The more I read about this Jimmy Butler situation, the more I wonder if the Wolves won't get a little bump in chemistry/cohesiveness by trading him. Wiggins is horribly inefficient, but he's still better with the ball in his hands than as a 3rd option spotting in the corner. Make this KATs team, let Thibs yell "ice" until he can't speak (3 days into training camp), and fight for a 7-8 seed. Jimmy can go average 24 on a lottery team and feud with his teammates.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Not to totally defend Wiggins here, but it ain't like the Timberwolves are exactly a model organization where stars go to thrive.

If his formative years were with LeBron, maybe he turns into a different player?
The Sixers were a dumpster fire, but guys still at least tried to play defense. Guys not named Okafor anyway.

I don’t really think there’s any defense for that guy’s lack of intensity. I also don’t see the wolves making a low seed this season, KAT or not.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
You and David “pass up steph curry twice in 7 picks” Kahn both seem like natural fits.
In my defense, I loved Jamal Murray, Booker and Donovan Mitchell. I’m right every now and then too (unlike Kahn).

But I did think Tatum was crap. Oh well!
Old 09-22-2018, 02:29 PM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
The more I read about this Jimmy Butler situation, the more I wonder if the Wolves won't get a little bump in chemistry/cohesiveness by trading him. Wiggins is horribly inefficient, but he's still better with the ball in his hands than as a 3rd option spotting in the corner. Make this KATs team, let Thibs yell "ice" until he can't speak (3 days into training camp), and fight for a 7-8 seed. Jimmy can go average 24 on a lottery team and feud with his teammates.
Some part of the blame for the Wolves’ mess falls on Thibs. He’s brilliant as an assistant coach, as he was with the Celtics. But he runs his players into the ground as HC. The results are decent teams that will never win titles or even reach the Finals. Thibs is the anti-Popovich, who knows how to coax bodies through 82 games and be ready for the postseason. As every assistant on the Patriots has proven, some guys just aren’t head coaches, no matter how smart.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
Some part of the blame for the Wolves’ mess falls on Thibs. He’s brilliant as an assistant coach, as he was with the Celtics. But he runs his players into the ground as HC. The results are decent teams that will never win titles or even reach the Finals. Thibs is the anti-Popovich, who knows how to coax bodies through 82 games and be ready for the postseason. As every assistant on the Patriots has proven, some guys just aren’t head coaches, no matter how smart.
Hope that is the case tomorrow with Patricia and the Lions.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:23 PM

Holy **** that Kawhi interview is fire!

https://streamable.com/a2abw
Old 09-24-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC. View Post
Holy **** that Kawhi interview is fire!

https://streamable.com/a2abw
I'm not sure Kawhi passed the Turing Test there. The laugh was just...wow.

Is he really just an android built to play otherworldly on the wing?
Old 09-24-2018, 04:36 PM

His hands aren't really human sized - android theory has plausibility.

As a self-identified introvert, I feel for him. He is way over on one side of the intro/extro curve, and having a significant portion of his job be interfacing with public and media must be excruciating for him.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
His hands aren't really human sized - android theory has plausibility.

As a self-identified introvert, I feel for him. He is way over on one side of the intro/extro curve, and having a significant portion of his job be interfacing with public and media must be excruciating for him.
I feel for the guy in some ways. Have we ever had a Top 10 (Top 5 maybe?) who constantly looked like they'd want to run and hide from a press scrum like this, even though he routinely plays bonkers basketball in front of millions of eyeballs?

I forget where I read it (Zach Lowe maybe?) that his quietness extends to the court, where he rarely says anything on the floor, and never trash talks, to the point where it starts to get in some opponents heads. Like, the dude just doesn't talk. At all.