Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-2020, 07:37 PM

Last edited by Clean39T; 07-06-2020 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
I watched a Honda CR-V w bike racks on top swerve at two cyclists wearing pink/pride jerseys last weekend and yell "Trump 2020" at them before gunning his engine and taking off. This was on a three lane one-way road in downtown/close-in Portland. My eyes weren't good enough to see the plate and there's no way I could have caught up to him with traffic and my gas tank still filling.... Stay safe out there folks. There are some who hate us because of what we represent to them, and we are vulnerable on our bikes with them in their cars/trucks. I want to ride solo bc of covid, but want to ride in groups bc of crazies like that. The conundrum of these times for cyclists everywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxbailey View Post
This sucks! As a cyclist I tried to be extra mindful to cyclist on the road. Specially after getting hit by a car a few years back.
Yes, that's especially annoying to hear. You'd expect a fellow cyclist would respect and appreciate.

You wouldn't think a jersey would matter. My Assos Mumu jersey is for sure a hit with everyone around here. Smiles and toots all around. I also have a Performance jersey, black base with rainbow colors. Thankfully, haven't noticed any issue's while wearing.