Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2017, 06:51 AM

I'm a little confused with what kind of leg gripper they've got. I've seen a few photos where it is the old school thin band that tends to make legs look like I'm wearing a sausage casing.

Other photos look like they're the newer style 2" or greater. Anyone have a Real life photo of what they're shipping now?
Old 01-28-2018, 09:16 AM

Searching the forum for cheap bibs I found these. Ordering three pairs for my commute.

Just wanted to add that they have a free jersey included for the next few weeks.

$125 shipped for three bibs and race cut jerseys...that is less than one of my typical assos shorts.

I put paceline forum for the referral...

Last edited by Likes2ridefar; 01-28-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:33 AM

Just to add another positive review for anyone on the fence, I've taken these out on a few rides now and I have no complaints. Very comfortable and the durability is excellent so far. Great value for the price and I think these will be my go to bibs in the future.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:51 PM

With the positive reviews, the very reasonable prices and a free jersey right now - hard to pass up. If they are half as good as people say I may have found a new brand of bibs to use. We'll see.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:52 PM

I've had a couple rides on mine. I like them just fine. Ordered another especially w/ the free jersey situation....
Old 01-30-2018, 07:54 PM

Wait, do their male models have leg hair? Haven't seen that before.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:27 PM

Bibs/jersey fits a bit tight, or I'm too generous with my height/weight.

Also jersey sleeves are really big, I have pretty big arms for a cyclist and they're still loose.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:51 PM

I think I was the OP on this thread. I'm pretty pleased with the bibs and the padded shorts I bought. I have a drawer full of rapha/giro/pearl izumi bibs and won't hesitate to grab these.
The jersey I bought I doubt I will ever wear. But oh well, still a great deal for the bibs even with an extra $30 on the jersey.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:22 PM

I bought a pair for indoor riding. They fit well enough...a little snug but no sausage looking legs. The chamois is a little narrow/thin. I usually run Assos or Twin Six shorts and they're in the ballpark of the Twin Six Race shorts as far as quality goes. Assos is the gold standard for me but I can't shell out that kind of cash all the time.

For 40 bucks can't be beat.

Only gripe I have is I'd like them to have a leg gripper band like the Twin Six Race Shorts so they stay in place better and look a little more modern.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:44 PM

TheBlackBibs (.com) aka Starlight

Worth saying that I already received the second set i ordered Sunday night. It's Wednesday. Quick shipping!
Old 01-31-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraudingWalrus View Post
Worth saying that I already received the second set i ordered Sunday night. It's Wednesday. Quick shipping!
Same here - I was very impressed by that.

Just got off a trainer ride with them and I'm happy with the purchase. Chamois was comfortable and the lycra seems like it will last. Lack of leg grippers is a bummer, but I didn't experience any issues because of it. I think they're well worth $40 and I'll probably be buying more.

The free jersey was a nice bonus. I wasn't expecting much given that they were samples, but I wound up with a pretty handsome design.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:42 PM

Huh. I got in the mail another jersey from them. Apparently somebody (I'm guessing in my local club) told the guys I told them about them.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:14 PM

Got my three bibs and free jerseys yesterday. The bibs fit great and look like nice quality. I’m confident they’ll work for my commute, and most likely fine for anything really. I prefer the assos bib cut with a lower front covering less belly, but these will do.

Each jersey is different. one is an aero pro with better sleeves that lack the elastic band the other two have that feel too snug even on my not so muscular skinny arms... They all are the race or pro fit, and remind me of the cheaper stuff I was given when racing. compared to the Rapha pro level I typically wear they are nowhere near the same level of comfort. I definitely won’t use these very often if at all.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:36 PM

I got a pair of the shorts. (not bibs)

Wore them for about 3 hours. Pad isn't anything special. Legs are too long, down to my knees. Waist is smaller than most other Smalls.

If I got mediums for a bigger waist, I fear the legs would be past my knees.

Wouldn't buy again because of the odd fit.

Last edited by kramnnim; 07-18-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:41 PM

These bibs did not work for me. Chafed on both but cheeks.
Pain in the ass to return and their customer service is not so great