Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-07-2019, 12:22 PM

22nd season. 7th in all time minutes. Over 25000 points. 42. Gray in the beard. Enjoy the last year of Vinsanity. I hope he gets every bit of the goodwill that Dirk and Dwyane got last year.

Also, LOL Lakers for sending out this BS after a preseason game.

"Consider this a warning, NBA?"

I'm sure they'll be good, but seriously. This is not how 17-time world champs should be carrying themselves.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
22nd season. 7th in all time minutes. Over 25000 points. 42. Gray in the beard. Enjoy the last year of Vinsanity. I hope he gets every bit of the goodwill that Dirk and Dwyane got last year.

I'm sure they'll be good, but seriously. This is not how 17-time world champs should be carrying themselves.
Whenever I see VC, I can't help but think of poor Frederic Weis. Maybe the most infamous facial in NBA history.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carter.jpg (117.0 KB, 102 views)
Old 10-07-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:

I could not be more excited Vinsanity is spending his final year as a Hawk. His 2000 Dunk Contest was the NBA equivalent of Secretariat at the Belmont. Just absolute perfection.

Do I own a Hawks Vince Carter jersey? Of course I do. Am I a rational adult? Debatable.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:40 AM

Who do you like for the 1 seed in the West? I'd go Rockets, but I think the Nuggets have an argument as well. They were so good yet so young last year - maybe we see a regression back to a normal developmental timetable, or maybe they just keep building? I do think Jerami Grant's savvy yet violent off-ball cutting plus Jokic's vision is going to be one of my favorite little things about the NBA this year.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:

Who do you like for the 1 seed in the West? I'd go Rockets, but I think the Nuggets have an argument as well. They were so good yet so young last year - maybe we see a regression back to a normal developmental timetable, or maybe they just keep building? I do think Jerami Grant's savvy yet violent off-ball cutting plus Jokic's vision is going to be one of my favorite little things about the NBA this year.
Tweaking the question a bit: which team out if the West would I most like to WATCH...

1) Nuggets. Take a novice fan, not yet hooked on the game. Have him/her watch Jokic. Mission accomplished.

2) The Dubs. They made chemistry cool. (well, the Duncan-era Spurs did it first, but that's picking nits) Some of the highest IQs in the game. To bastardize a JFK quip "That's just when Draymond is on the court by himself."

3) Rockets. For the sheer fun of seeing how Harden and Wes blow out other teams. Or blow themselves up.

4) Blazers. Lillard and McCollum. Pure class.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:

PS Re; Vince Carter. The tope rated TV shows the year he was drafted:

1) ER
2) Friends
3) Frasier

Wow. Unbelievable. That's longevity.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:

The Nuggets are going to be all about Jamal Murray taking that next step in his development, or when/if they pull off the Bradley Beal deal.

#1 seed in the West I'll go a dark horse that seems like a team built for the regular season that doesn't quite have the top-end gear for the playoffs: Utah Jazz.

But cmon, it'll be the Clippers right? Lakers won't stay healthy enough and Kawhi and George can 1-2 combo punch their way through the regular season.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:49 AM

The Grizzlies are gonna be trash this year, but this guy is really good. I don't know about some of the AD 2.0 comps I've seen, but I think multi-time all-star is reasonable.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:

The Grizzlies are gonna be trash this year, but this guy is really good. I don't know about some of the AD 2.0 comps I've seen, but I think multi-time all-star is reasonable.
I miss the Tony Allen era Grit and Grind Grizz.

Gonna be weird seeing Conley playing for the Jazz.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:41 PM

This NBA-China thing is getting wild.

The Nets NBA Cares event was cancelled today and the preseason game with the Lakers is up in the air.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=Jaybee;2604607]This NBA-China thing is getting wild.

The Nets NBA Cares event was cancelled today and the preseason game with the Lakers is up in the air.[/QUOTE]

I'll say. When you have Ted Cruz supporting you, and James Harden professing his love for China and its fans, things have gotten a little wiggy. Interesting how the NBA elite has remained mum on the issue.

And then there's this guy...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yao.jpg (21.9 KB, 52 views)
Old 10-10-2019, 10:54 AM

I'm really interested in how Adams looks this year. Can he be a 12-14 board guy if he's not leaving them all for Russ? He hit a 3 pointer in their first preseason game! They've been running offense with him out of the high post, finding cutters and spot-up guys.

It's gonna be super weird watching the Thunder actually move the ball. T-Ferg can miss a shot without Russ freezing him out for the rest of the game! They are in the toughest division in basketball, but I still think they are hovering around .500 at the trade deadline. (CP3, SGA, Gallinari, Adams are a perfectly decent best 4 players) Then we have to see what transpires, with the only surety being that they won't be taxpayers this year.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:

I'm really interested in how Adams looks this year. Can he be a 12-14 board guy if he's not leaving them all for Russ? He hit a 3 pointer in their first preseason game! They've been running offense with him out of the high post, finding cutters and spot-up guys.

It's gonna be super weird watching the Thunder actually move the ball. T-Ferg can miss a shot without Russ freezing him out for the rest of the game! They are in the toughest division in basketball, but I still think they are hovering around .500 at the trade deadline. (CP3, SGA, Gallinari, Adams are a perfectly decent best 4 players) Then we have to see what transpires, with the only surety being that they won't be taxpayers this year.
I love following Adams' "new look" every year. He's the Lady Gaga of the NBA.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:

I'd lay money they move CP3 after the December moratorium lifts and give that run to SGA. The kid is legit and was for a few stretches the best player on the floor from both teams during the playoff series last year with the Warriors.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
I'd lay money they move CP3 after the December moratorium lifts and give that run to SGA. The kid is legit and was for a few stretches the best player on the floor from both teams during the playoff series last year with the Warriors.
This makes sense from a variety of perspectives. SGA needs the run as the guy. He's gonna be their best player for the next 3-5 years. CP3 is grumpy even when he's winning on a good team - what's he going to be like if they are 5 below .500 at Xmas? He's an all-timer and deserves a chance on a contender before he hangs it up. I also think you want to trade him before the inevitable February/March injury.