Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Bike Fit

Old 10-29-2019, 02:50 PM

Database of bike geometry and a list of bike fitters

Hello everyone

I'm posting here to tell you about a website I've built with a friend: geometrygeeks.bike

It's a huge database of bike geometry that anyone can search and add to, and that lets you compare bikes and sizes side-by-side.

We also have a big list of bike fitters that you can search by location (and if you're a fitter, you can add your own listing).

We've just launched a new feature that lets you search the database by numbers, i.e. input your desired geometry and it gives you a list of bikes. Spoiler alert - we ask you to pay a fiver for this feature. Hoping it'll help us pay for the site!

We run automatic sense-checks on the data to flag anomalies to us, and we try to keep a close eye on everything to ensure the data is as accurate as it can be.

It's a spare-time project that has really taken off, to our total surprise. We started 3 years ago when I got fed up of doing google image searches for geometry tables, trying to confirm it was the right year, and typing them into Excel to compare bikes. We now have over 6,200 bikes listed, and new bikes are added every day.

The site has developed over the years with feedback from users, so if you have ideas or comments then let us know. What's good, what could be better, what would you like to see?

Hope you like it!

Kind regards

Bob
Old 10-29-2019, 03:11 PM

Cool, I guess, but Bike Insights has the same thing plus geo drawing comparisons. Seems more useful.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:24 AM

Hi Bob, thanks for doing this in your free time! Looks great. Might I suggest a separate column in the comparisons page that calculates the difference between the metrics? For example, "-10mm effective top tube," "+5mm bottom bracket height."

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2019, 04:17 PM

Hey thanks guys

@jtbadge - I hadn't this before, cheers. I guess we need to take a good look at doing a visual comparison again!

@CMiller - very interesting. This is something we'd thought about, and I personally am keen to do. How would you like it to work in the case where you have more than two bikes selected for comparison?

Best

Bob