Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2019, 08:34 AM
bykhed

Prior ownership experience using the dealer service department, reasonable deals on local inventory, and the VW CPO warranty on the TDI Jetta Sportwagens was enough to sway me back into one, despite the clowns in the sales dept.

So, RIP to my 2012 Sportwagen I says, and, here's to the many miles ahead with my 2014 Sportwagen

I bought the ticket, so I'll take the ride
Old 03-15-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
For dgauthier above..

Guess you are too young to remember (...)
What's your mailing address? I want to send you $20 for calling me young...
Old 03-20-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
I have a 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium and while I sort of regret it st the moment, it’s been dead reliable with zero issues since I brought it home last fall.

What’s been the issue with yours?

I’m probably moving this summer and when I do I may well sell the Tiguan. I know I’ll take an eye watering hit on depreciation tho.....

I always have service done at the VW dealership. Yes, it’s a bit more expensive but generally I’ve been satisfied with the results.

I have a high mileage GTI and it has always been VW repaired and serviced. Never stranded me or let me down.
On top of 3 separate recalls we had water leak down behind the windshield and pooched the sensors and electronics for the passenger side airbag (needed all new passenger air bags and sensors), the Nav system just stopped working (location was always like 20 miles away from where we were) and it needed to have new Nav system electronics installed. All this was within the first year of ownership. My 5 year old Volvo V60 has been to the dealership exactly 0 times outside of oil changes and recommended maintenance.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:01 PM

got filters in mail today

then opened air filter box. that one was nearly clean as a whistle and did not need replacing. cabin air filter a bit more junky, so did replace that one. how often does the dealer call the customer getting an oil change and tell them both need replacing?

Last edited by eddief; 03-20-2019 at 06:06 PM.