Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don49 View Post
^^ They had to, it's an EU requirement.
But of course!
As serious as this warrants, which ain't much, bomb threats ALWAYS get reported to the FBI.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:14 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.362602541480

Washington Post

Investigators respond to nationwide wave of bomb threats as police say they are ‘NOT considered credible’
By Mark Berman
December 13 at 3:35 PM

Authorities across the country said they were responding Thursday to bomb threats made to several locations, though some law enforcement officials were quick to say that these messages were not believed to be credible.

Similar threats appeared to stretch from coast to coast, prompting investigations on colleges campuses in Washington state and Pennsylvania and spreading across cities such as New York, Washington, Chicago and San Francisco.

Police in New York said the threats they received were “sent electronically” to places across the city, and they linked these messages to the others reported across the country.

“We are currently monitoring multiple bomb threats that have been sent electronically to various locations throughout the city,” the New York Police Department’s Counterterrorism Bureau said in a message posted on Twitter. “These threats are also being reported to other locations nationwide & are NOT considered credible at this time.”

etc.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:21 PM
Randomhead

funny thing was I saw it on Paceline first, then twitter, then facebook
Old 12-13-2018, 04:18 PM

go ahead and detonate, bro...

I double-dog dare ya!
Old 12-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Riding Along

Yup bomb threats all over Canada today too. Caused some serious hassles.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:04 PM

I got a similar email a year or so ago. It was a hit man that was going to get out of the business but someone wanted me “eliminated”, unless I paid them some amount of a bit coin not to take one last job. Problem is I don’t even know what a bit coin is or how to go about paying in them. I had to ask a milenial friend. Alas, I’m still here and still don’t know what a bit coin is.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:43 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
funny thing was I saw it on Paceline first, then twitter, then facebook
Hmm..I have an address he can send this to...
Old 12-14-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don49 View Post
My man built an explosive device according to my guide.
His man: "He always has to throw that in there "
Old 12-14-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb_frk View Post
I got a similar email a year or so ago. It was a hit man that was going to get out of the business but someone wanted me “eliminated”, unless I paid them some amount of a bit coin not to take one last job. Problem is I don’t even know what a bit coin is or how to go about paying in them. I had to ask a milenial friend. Alas, I’m still here and still don’t know what a bit coin is.
I don't follow bitcoin but I do see the headlines about how it drops in value on occasion. Imagine the hit to your ego if you do the conversion and someone was willing to kill you for about $3 at today's rate!
Old 12-14-2018, 11:41 AM

I don't consider this a viable threat, but it should certainly be reported to the FBI.
"Wait, stop! We can outsmart those dolphins. Don't forget: we invented computers, leg warmers, bendy straws, peel-and-eat shrimp, the glory hole, *and* the pudding cup!" -Homer Simpson, Treehouse of Horror XI

Old 12-14-2018, 12:30 PM
Randomhead

pretty sure the FBI has 37000 copies of the email by now
Old 12-14-2018, 01:28 PM

I want to know how I don't rate as significant enough to get that email...
Old 12-14-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlC View Post
I got this crazy email today .......

No need to be heroic

I write you to inform you that my recruited person has hidden an explosive device (Hexogen) in the building where your business is located. It is assembled according to my guide. It can be hidden anywhere because of its small size, it is impossible to destroy the supporting building structure by this bomb, but in the case of its detonation you will get many victims.
My man keeps the territory under the control. If he sees any unnatural behavior or emergency he will power the device.
I can call off my man if you pay. 20'000 usd is the value for your life and business. Tansfer it to me in Bitcoin and I assure that I have to withdraw my mercenary and the bomb won't detonate. But do not try to cheat- my warranty will become valid only after 3 confirmations in blockchain network.

It is my Bitcoin address : 1BHasGex1jhRZeY7KyUGGKUNRtVg......

You have to pay me by the end of the working day. If you are late with the payment explosive will detonate.
Nothing personal this is just a business, if you don’t transfer me the bitcoin and the explosive device detonates, next time other companies will pay me more money, because it isnt a one-time action.
For my safety, I will no longer visit this email. I check my wallet every thirty minutes and if I see the money I will give the command to my recruited person to leave your area.

If an explosion occurred and the authorities read this email- We are not the terrorist society and dont assume any liability for explosions in other places.

Write him back. Tell him you have an inheritance from a Nigerian prince but the money is tied up in probate and the executor only deals in whole bitcoins. If he sends 0.45 bitcoins to your address then you will have the executor send seven bitcoins to his address.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb266 View Post
I want to know how I don't rate as significant enough to get that email...
How's your credit? Maybe they ran a credit check and decided you weren't good for the ransom.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:01 PM

Oh man, I just saw a copy of this email in my frame building business account. So, some one apparently broke into my house and planted a bomb... LOL!