Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2018, 02:18 PM

Call E bay. Discuss.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:22 PM

Seems like calling eBay is a huge pain, I think I can just cancel it and give back the money without any repercussions? No?
I am pretty sure that anyhow eBay will say dont worry because they are always on the buyers side, and they will encourage me to ship.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:45 PM
cmg

couldn't you just photograph the condition prior to shipping? the buyer is in the pre-scumbag stage hasn't robbed you yet, maybe it's legit.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Barely Hanging On

I have to agree with the prior posters who recommended getting out of this transaction. What I've learned through unpleasant experiences selling on eBay is that if you have any concerns as a seller, you don't want to go through with the transaction.

That said, it sounds like the buyer here is a freight forwarder, so the issue may have been with one of its other customers. Still, it's not worth the downsides.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:55 PM

I can’t believe I am saying this but my last two calls to eBay have been pleasant regarding both buyer and seller sides of transactions. They helped resolve issues quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
Seems like calling eBay is a huge pain, I think I can just cancel it and give back the money without any repercussions? No?
I am pretty sure that anyhow eBay will say dont worry because they are always on the buyers side, and they will encourage me to ship.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:56 PM

There are photographs in the eBay posting.
No stock photos but actual photos, but based on that other thread in car forum it looks like that doesn't help you.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:58 PM

I can't even find a phone number on eBay, I am sure that if I spend 10 minutes digging I can pull it up but it seems like they make it difficult to find their number, so I can't imagine that actually talking to someone would pleasant or efficient.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:06 PM

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/eBay
Old 12-12-2018, 03:07 PM

I use the eBay app on my phone. There is a help button that connects you to correct person or you can have them call you. It ties into your account so they have all of stuff for the call. That and my craigslist app are great for bike stuff!

Quote:
I can't even find a phone number on eBay, I am sure that if I spend 10 minutes digging I can pull it up but it seems like they make it difficult to find their number, so I can't imagine that actually talking to someone would pleasant or efficient.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:08 PM

I know that some folks suspect E bay is always out to get you, and PayPal is the tool of the mafia....but that's just not true.

I would call E bay and go over your concerns....and ask how you can protect yourself if you have concerns.

If still in doubt, cancel the sale. But this is most likely a legitimate buyer. You really don't know he is not. Nothing wrong with being careful either.

Last edited by Ralph; 12-12-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff_duffy View Post
I can’t believe I am saying this but my last two calls to eBay have been pleasant regarding both buyer and seller sides of transactions. They helped resolve issues quickly.
Same here.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
eBay Customer Service --> (866) 540-3229
eBay Technical Support --> (866) 961-9253