Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2006, 08:07 AM
catulle

About bars too...

I want to switch the ITM bars I have on my C-40. Ideally, I'd like bars thicker (more comfortable) than the 26mm I have now, but that means I'd need to switch the stem and I don't want to do that.

I do want 40cm shallow bars, and with a rounded arch (not flat or semi-flat, or finger grooved). It must be grooved for Campy Record wiring. Aluminun or carbon doesn't matter much to me, except the the stem is the Cinelli/Colnago stem (for aluminun bars I would guess).

From what I've read here, a Cinelli (65?) or an Oval (Classic?) might be what I'm looking for. I really don't know. Your suggestions and recommendations are most welcome. Thank you for your help.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:07 AM
You still here?

Oversize bars would have the same diameter as standard bars, just the clamping area is larger. Alternatively if you find a set of bars you like, you can use an underwrap underneath the bar tape. This would increase the diameter of the bars and you can regulate how thick they would be. I use cotton bar tape or hockey tape as an underwrap.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:18 AM
catulle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave thompson
Oversize bars would have the same diameter as standard bars, just the clamping area is larger. Alternatively if you find a set of bars you like, you can use an underwrap underneath the bar tape. This would increase the diameter of the bars and you can regulate how thick they would be. I use cotton bar tape or hockey tape as an underwrap.
Thank you, Dave. Thatīs a good suggestion.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Cyclist

ya; i also use hockey tape..

sd