Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2021, 06:15 PM

Just another data point:

I reached out regarding a custom frame and the response was to take the closest base model and order that (with discount) then the custom fee was a non-discounted $1000. So if you are looking for something specific and US made under 3kish, that's a possibility with Lynskey
Old 01-23-2021, 06:21 PM

A custom seven starts at sub 3k, also, sans fork though. I'm sure there are others, too.

Last edited by jkbrwn; 01-23-2021 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:25 PM

They're the bike brand equivalent of the persian rug store on the corner that, for 30 years, is always having a "going out of business" sale...

Old 01-23-2021, 06:59 PM

I'm too lazy to check (but not lazy enough to post?), but last time I was on Pro's Closet they had a fleet of brand new Lynskey bikes for sale. Couple that with Pro's Closet's 10% sale and there might be an even better deal available for you.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54ny77 View Post
They're the bike brand equivalent of the persian rug store on the corner that, for 30 years, is always having a "going out of business" sale...

They should do a J.Crew collab.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:09 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately this seems to be true and it's slightly sad that they have to devalue themselves like that when they make apparently good frames.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:

true...maybe not the slickest marketeering but i havent heard much negativity about them or their frames on the internets, quality seems top notch...i guess thats why im drawn to them

Last edited by dancinkozmo; 01-23-2021 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:07 PM

Mark up to mark down. It's a technique...
Old 01-23-2021, 09:40 PM

They have almost all parts groups available except Rival 1x and one of the Di2 groups. If you need a complete build, now may be the time to pull the trigger, before all you can get is a bare frame. Let the hoarding commence.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:50 PM

100% agree.

They have a lot of history in titanium. No opinion one way or the other, the bikes always seem very nice and priced competitively. Plus, they're made stateside. Bravo to that.

Pardon if I completely butchered this....but if I recall, bikes were somewhat of a side gig for the original family-owned company years ago (Litespeed), which was primarily industrial/aerospace. And then it got spun off, rebranded to the original family name (Lynskey), yadda yadda. Or something like that.

For the dinosaurs amongst us, the Litespeed "Ultimate" was one of *the* swank ti frames in its day, swooping curved stays and all.

It's just funny that the past several+ years they always seem to get buzz about frequent sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinkozmo View Post
true...maybe not the slickest marketeering but i havent heard much negativity about them or their frames on the internets, quality seems top notch...i guess thats why im drawn to them
Old 01-24-2021, 12:46 AM

If it's part of their business model and it works for them then who are we to complain. My Lynskey is a great frame for the price.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:03 AM

The family sold the bike business in 1999 and restarted in 2005, probably after a non compete expired. AFAIK, they never did non-bike machine work once the bike biz took off.

Quote:
100% agree.

They have a lot of history in titanium. No opinion one way or the other, the bikes always seem very nice and priced competitively. Plus, they're made stateside. Bravo to that.

Pardon if I completely butchered this....but if I recall, bikes were somewhat of a side gig for the original family-owned company years ago (Litespeed), which was primarily industrial/aerospace. And then it got spun off, rebranded to the original family name (Lynskey), yadda yadda. Or something like that.

For the dinosaurs amongst us, the Litespeed "Ultimate" was one of *the* swank ti frames in its day, swooping curved stays and all.

It's just funny that the past several+ years they always seem to get buzz about frequent sales.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:54 PM

It might be worthwhile to call them and just talk to them. I bought my R330 way back in 2009 and 74,900 miles later I'm still very happy with it (though soon it will have to share bike room space with my Bishop). I remember back then I bought it during a sale, but called them and they worked with me on some exchanges.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortx-Dave View Post
It might be worthwhile to call them and just talk to them. I bought my R330 way back in 2009 and 74,900 miles later I'm still very happy with it (though soon it will have to share bike room space with my Bishop). I remember back then I bought it during a sale, but called them and they worked with me on some exchanges.
I loved my custom Lynskey road frame. I bought it when Lynskey first started because I had previously ridden Lynskey-designed Litespeeds, and my Vortex got destroyed in an encounter with a car. My Lynskey road frame cracked at a weld after 14 years, and Lynskey was great to work with on the warranty. I was offered a new frame at no cost under the lifetime warranty, and was allowed to pick up a Race GR frame at a very reasonable upgrade price. The bikes are very nice.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:30 PM

Wow. That's incredible warranty service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
I loved my custom Lynskey road frame. I bought it when Lynskey first started because I had previously ridden Lynskey-designed Litespeeds, and my Vortex got destroyed in an encounter with a car. My Lynskey road frame cracked at a weld after 14 years, and Lynskey was great to work with on the warranty. I was offered a new frame at no cost under the lifetime warranty, and was allowed to pick up a Race GR frame at a very reasonable upgrade price. The bikes are very nice.