Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2022, 01:33 PM
Everyone's Favorite Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWL2222 View Post
How so? On my probably 10th pair of chacos, always alternating two pairs at a time. And many years of tevas before that.
I've had a pair of bedrocks for 8 years now...they're great. thin, light, indestructible, very comfy and hold my foot better than my chacos. The one drawback to me is that for loooong days on my feet in the built environment (think walking 5 miles at disney or summer days at an amusement park or exploring a city) I wish the bedrocks had some cushioning. I've done some loong days hiking in them and my feet are fine. They are better in stream crossings and/or holding your feet when wet. They are also great to ride in. I'll use them on my commuter or tooling around with my daughter on my mtb.

The chacos wear like shoes to me. They're heavy, chunky, with lots of structure and support. For that reason, I can wear them in my suburban hellscape and not have any issues. That's why most people like chacos, all the support.

If they had some lightly cushioned bedrocks, that would be the perfect marriage.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I've had a pair of bedrocks for 8 years now...they're great. thin, light, indestructible, very comfy and hold my foot better than my chacos. The one drawback to me is that for loooong days on my feet in the built environment (think walking 5 miles at disney or summer days at an amusement park or exploring a city) I wish the bedrocks had some cushioning. I've done some loong days hiking in them and my feet are fine. They are better in stream crossings and/or holding your feet when wet. They are also great to ride in. I'll use them on my commuter or tooling around with my daughter on my mtb.

The chacos wear like shoes to me. They're heavy, chunky, with lots of structure and support. For that reason, I can wear them in my suburban hellscape and not have any issues. That's why most people like chacos, all the support.

If they had some lightly cushioned bedrocks, that would be the perfect marriage.
Nailed it! I have a pair of 5mm Syncline's that I've run up to a 10k on trail before. and I pair of Cairn 3d that I hiked 13 miles into Havasupai, wore exclusively for 4 days camping and then hiked back out. Every time there's a sale, I WANT more, but look at my existing sandals and realize I've got years of life left in those still.

The big thing for me is that I prefer the thong between my toes, compared to the wraparound forefoot retention. I have a wide "duck foot" with a protruding joint on the outside edge. Chaco's hit me in just the wrong spot.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRad704 View Post
Not cycling, but still "outdoor-loving people" oriented.

Bedrock Sandals are all 20% off right now. I have several pair and these are WAY superior to Chaco, Teva, etc.

https://bedrocksandals.com/collections/all-sandals
Great. I'm now in N+1 sandal land. Two or three Reefs (love that bottle opener), Chaco, some water shoes for kayaking, and now Bedrock sandals.

Thanks?
Old 11-15-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben View Post
Great. I'm now in N+1 sandal land. Two or three Reefs (love that bottle opener), Chaco, some water shoes for kayaking, and now Bedrock sandals.

Thanks?
Anytime.
Old 11-15-2022, 02:31 PM

Outbound lighting sale: https://www.outboundlighting.com/col...ns/bike-lights
Old 11-15-2022, 02:44 PM

Last edited by Likes2ridefar; 11-30-2022 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRad704 View Post
Not cycling, but still "outdoor-loving people" oriented.

Bedrock Sandals are all 20% off right now. I have several pair and these are WAY superior to Chaco, Teva, etc.

https://bedrocksandals.com/collections/all-sandals
My lunatic nephew runs EXCLUSIVELY in Bedrock Sandals, including marathons, a 100k and even the Rut Mountain Run.

His Chacos (that we bought him 10 years ago or so) still see some use, but he's all-Bedrock, all-the-time.
Old 11-15-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben View Post
Two or three Reefs (love that bottle opener)
I owned a pair of these when they were new. I was seated in a lawn chair on the sideline of an ultimate frisbee game when a friend handed me a beer. I casually popped it open with my foot and the crowd roared with applause!
Old 11-15-2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTCaraco View Post
My lunatic nephew runs EXCLUSIVELY in Bedrock Sandals, including marathons, a 100k and even the Rut Mountain Run.

His Chacos (that we bought him 10 years ago or so) still see some use, but he's all-Bedrock, all-the-time.
Well, the Tarahumara famously run in sandals made of old tires.

https://smile.amazon.com/Born-Run-Hi.../dp/0307279189
Old 11-15-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlyPuncheur View Post
I owned a pair of these when they were new. I was seated in a lawn chair on the sideline of an ultimate frisbee game when a friend handed me a beer. I casually popped it open with my foot and the crowd roared with applause!
Mic drop.
Old 11-15-2022, 07:01 PM

SeaSucker racks

SeaSucker gives 15% off sitewide
"FriYAY15"
Old 11-15-2022, 09:08 PM
DELETE ACCNT

CHPT3 up to 60% off
https://chpt3.com/en-int
Old 11-16-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWL2222 View Post
How so? On my probably 10th pair of chacos, always alternating two pairs at a time. And many years of tevas before that.
The Bedrocks have been the only successful sandal that I can run a trail ultra in and be able to bike in, without beating your feet up too much. They really do have a good footbed / mid-sole.

They just aren't great in super wet technical trails, running wise, because the footbed is a bit too slick. Same goes for Lunas.

I think Earthrunners have the best footbed for wet saturated terrain, with their canvas lining.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsnob View Post
Bike24 does have great prices but be warned .. their shipping boxes are not the most rugged (unless they just ship in the Campy box) Also you MIGHT pay customs charges so be prepared with your credit card/checkbook when they are delivered.
When I ordered my Campy WTO33, I got them from Chain Reaction. Their "promo" was free shipping (DHL) and NO customs charges (they paid them on your behalf).
To me, the "promo" balanced out the gamble/risk/uncertanty of being hit with additional charges.

No matter WHO you buy them from you will NOT be disappointed!
As of last night, prices for The WTO 45s, rim brake, dark label Campy rubbed wheels were-

ProbikeKit-$1718, includes shipping and AZ sales tax
ChainReaction-$1802, includes shipping and import duties
Wiggle-$1756, includes shipping
Bike24-$1343, includes shipping (Using 1 Euro = $1.03)

Any other place I should check out?
Old 11-16-2022, 09:52 AM
Deconditioned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbraun View Post
As of last night, prices for The WTO 45s, rim brake, dark label Campy rubbed wheels were-

ProbikeKit-$1718, includes shipping and AZ sales tax
ChainReaction-$1802, includes shipping and import duties
Wiggle-$1756, includes shipping
Bike24-$1343, includes shipping (Using 1 Euro = $1.03)

Any other place I should check out?

I’d say the pricing takes care of itself.

I have received wheels from bike24 (with two more set inbound). Aside from the crappy boxes (not great) and elongated delivery time (3 weeks), I have no complaints. The pricing is what I’m after.