Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2022, 06:50 AM

Ebay Photo Question

I admit it, I cruise Ebay every day looking for vintage parts/spares and, heaven help me, frames. There is one thing I wonder about. Some sellers, who have a lot of ads and have been selling for quite some time, don't have the hover to magnify option in their ads.

I really don't think it's a case of "not knowing" how to turn that feature on, especially when they're long time/high volume sellers. In some cases, by the time you ask for more detailed photos, the item is sold, or they don't respond at all. Ads like this make me think they have something to hide with regard to condition. Ditto for ads with stock photos of an item that isn't the one for sale.

So, my questions are:

Does that feature cost extra?
Is it difficult to find or make happen when placing the ad?
Old 02-05-2022, 06:52 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadmax View Post
I admit it, I cruise Ebay every day looking for vintage parts/spares and, heaven help me, frames. There is one thing I wonder about. Some sellers, who have a lot of ads and have been selling for quite some time, don't have the hover to magnify option in their ads.

I really don't think it's a case of "not knowing" how to turn that feature on, especially when they're long time/high volume sellers. In some cases, by the time you ask for more detailed photos, the item is sold, or they don't respond at all. Ads like this make me think they have something to hide with regard to condition. Ditto for ads with stock photos of an item that isn't the one for sale.

So, my questions are:

Does that feature cost extra?
Is it difficult to find or make happen when placing the ad?
Yes, costs something and
Not hard, just an option when you add your pix and finish your auction.
Old 02-05-2022, 09:04 AM

Thank you!
Old 02-05-2022, 03:07 PM

Ebay would sell more items if the feature was standard instead of an extra cost option. I've been trying to find replacement wrenches and sockets for various vintage tool sets lately. On some listings without enlargement I'm not able to distinguish branding or size of the tool. I usually just pass these listings by. I wonder if the extra cost is really justified.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1850 View Post
Ebay would sell more items if the feature was standard instead of an extra cost option. I've been trying to find replacement wrenches and sockets for various vintage tool sets lately. On some listings without enlargement I'm not able to distinguish branding or size of the tool. I usually just pass these listings by. I wonder if the extra cost is really justified.
What are you looking for?