Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2023, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
The most nauseating watch forums pics are from the cabin of a private jet with the cockpit as the background. So pretentious.
Or the trite watch close-up at the wheel of their new Audi / BMW / Mercedes-Benz / Porsche. We get it. You have lots of money.
LOL! Yes.
Old 03-12-2023, 11:13 PM

I have decided to sell off some of my collection if anyone is interested. They are all listed on eBay and most are BNIB with factory warranty. PM for the link and at least 10% off listed prices.

(I hope this does not break any PL rules but I thought this might be better posted here).

Old 05-08-2023, 10:31 AM

Thought this thread needed a bump. Pic of my son wearing his Submariner on the WWII USS Cobia permanently docked in Manitowoc WI. He is a leader with their Cub Scout pack and the group spent an overnight on the sub.

Old 05-08-2023, 08:56 PM
Adrenaline Junkie

Watch for sub 1k?
One could get both of these for $575. No worry watches to wear.

Two 41mm quartz Runwell watches. Very good, infrequently worn condition.
The first is a classic cream face with brown leather band. Includes Shinola leather pouch.
Second up is a sporty orange face with black leather band. Includes a new matching orange rubber strap, tools, and Shinola leather pouch.
Both watches just at the mothership store in Detroit where they received a once-over together with new batteries at the hands of Shinola technicians.

Or you can spend more. So many great options.

Last edited by SpeedyChix; 05-08-2023 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-09-2023, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlfoss View Post
Totally agree regarding watch forums. They're more rife with clout chasers than genuine watch enthusiasts. I lurked on a few for a while, then bailed. Gross.
manontime.com was created to get away from the toxicity of WUS. Worth checking out--their deals thread is epic.
Old 05-09-2023, 12:05 PM

Had a few people contact me here recently and I realized I never added my eBay link. A few more things have sold, a few are still listed on eBay, and I will list a few more by next week.

Paceliners get 15% off listed prices (the fees eBay charges) for a private sale via PayPal. I cover PayPal fees and buyer pays shipping.

My eBay Watch (and dress shoe) Listings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
I have decided to sell off some of my collection if anyone is interested. They are all listed on eBay and most are BNIB with factory warranty. PM for the link and at least 10% off listed prices.

(I hope this does not break any PL rules but I thought this might be better posted here).
Old 08-09-2023, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
Had a few people contact me here recently and I realized I never added my eBay link. A few more things have sold, a few are still listed on eBay, and I will list a few more by next week.

Paceliners get 15% off listed prices (the fees eBay charges) for a private sale via PayPal. I cover PayPal fees and buyer pays shipping.

My eBay Watch (and dress shoe) Listings

And then there were two...

Old 08-19-2023, 01:06 AM
Dirt Rat

I would highly recommend Lorier - specifically either the Falcon or the Neptune. The company is owned by a husband and wife who are both designers out of New York and personally oversee everything. They’re a really passionate company making watches inspired by vintage Rolexes and Omegas from the 50s/60s (slimmer proportions and smaller case sizes) and I think they nail the look while still making something completely original and going beyond the original references. Quality is extremely good for the money too! Just got myself the Falcon as a gift for my first promotion and I wear it every day - will definitely be an heirloom piece even at $500.
Old 08-19-2023, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyChix View Post
Watch for sub 1k?
One could get both of these for $575. No worry watches to wear.

Two 41mm quartz Runwell watches. Very good, infrequently worn condition.
The first is a classic cream face with brown leather band.
Includes Shinola leather pouch.
Second up is a sporty orange face with black leather band. Includes a new matching orange rubber strap, tools, and Shinola leather pouch.
Both watches just at the mothership store in Detroit where they received a once-over together with new batteries at the hands of Shinola technicians.

Or you can spend more. So many great options.

I bought the cream 41mm Runwell from SpeedyChix and have decided to go with their 47mm model. This cream one available for $250 shipped. It's a really nice watch IMO (I'm not a watch snob.).

Tags
braceline, man bracelet