Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2018, 08:53 PM

I wonder if the Supreme Court would agree that, on religious grounds, a store owner could accept only holy relics as payment?
Old 06-12-2018, 09:45 PM

I support businesses that only take holy relics as payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
I wonder if the Supreme Court would agree that, on religious grounds, a store owner could accept only holy relics as payment?
Old 06-12-2018, 09:52 PM

Brinks, Loomis, and a few other companies are probably a little uncomfortable with the thought of growing "cashlessness".

Hard to see how the practice is discriminatory, as I believe even government assistance is provided in the form of ebt. Even most basic checking accounts offer debit cards linked to the account. Cash is very inconvenient (for me) - either I take out a large amount and carry it around or it's a constant hunt for another $$ machine. Electronic is so much more convenient.

Most of the time I just carry my phone and try my darnedest to use retailers that accept ApplePay or other form of electronic transfer. I used to swap my phone back and forth from a protective bumper for cycling/skiing/etc and a leather flip case with 2 card slots for business/casual. Now I just leave it in the bumper case.

My wife saves me from washing dishes in restaurants - she carries a wallet full of CC's and bails me out when going out for dinner. There is an accompanying obligatory roll of her eyes and an admonishment for not carrying a wallet like every other human. She just doesn't get it

Millenial ... I wish. LOL