Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2018, 11:25 PM

I’ve had great luck with Reverb. A lot of eyeballs on your listings, nice shipping discount wih UPS, less headaches than eBay.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:42 PM
Descent fitness

Second the Reverb recommendation. I've sold a number of acoustics there and never had a problem. Same with eBay, AGF and Unofficial Martin GF, FYI.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftf View Post
I'm thinking about selling my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional ocean blue.

Ebay with local pickup is a good idea, and reverb seems like a good option as well, they seem to be at least listed for more on reverb, can't seem to tell what they have actually sold for on reverb though, I found other colors but not the exact same guitar.
Reverb secret: do a search on whatever it is you're looking for, then add &showsold=true to the end of the full address in the browser bar. For example:

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query...&showsold=true
Old 10-15-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonderb0y View Post
Reverb secret: do a search on whatever it is you're looking for, then add &showsold=true to the end of the full address in the browser bar. For example:

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query...&showsold=true
Awesome thanks for this info.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:06 PM

Gibson

You should list it here too. There are some guitar playing cyclists here who may have an interest.
The used guitar market is in a similar state as the used higher end cycling market at the present time, but you never know.
More eyes is not a bad thing.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakstone View Post
You should list it here too. There are some guitar playing cyclists here who may have an interest.
The used guitar market is in a similar state as the used higher end cycling market at the present time, but you never know.
More eyes is not a bad thing.
I don’t think we are allowed to list non cycling items here. I’ve had a couple of offers on it already on reverb, though a hair less than I’d like to get for it. Really the only reason I haven’t sold it in the last 48 hours is the principal of the matter. I’m sure it’ll be fine.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:44 PM

A rock concert.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:20 PM

I don't know about your area - but there are local musician buy/sell groups.

I've had some luck moving/buying/trading stuff that way.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:43 PM
Daniel

When I was playing In LA/Orange County I bought on sold on CL. CL for guitars is a mixed bag and I think it only worked so well there because there was a high concentration of musicians. I did a few guitar deals in DFW through CL, but had to drive to lot to do those transactions. I sold 1 guitar through CL when I lived in Portland and it flew out of my hands. In the SF Bay, I've been trying to get rid of a guitar pedal on CL for a year and no one is biting.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 559Rando View Post
When I was playing In LA/Orange County I bought on sold on CL. CL for guitars is a mixed bag and I think it only worked so well there because there was a high concentration of musicians. I did a few guitar deals in DFW through CL, but had to drive to lot to do those transactions. I sold 1 guitar through CL when I lived in Portland and it flew out of my hands. In the SF Bay, I've been trying to get rid of a guitar pedal on CL for a year and no one is biting.
CL is my go-to as well. Face to face, in cash. Ask your questions! I'm a realistic seller though, and for sure get to know the value before popping off a price.