Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2018, 12:12 AM

Chorus 12 speed?

Is it understood that, at some point, Chorus will go 12 speed? Or will Campy keep it at 11 for a while to "differentiate" things from record?

I assume it will be the former, given that I suspect they'd want to simplify the parts and tooling for the pro-line of group sets. The question would be when...

(slightly paranoid about trying to source out-of-production 11 speed chains in the near dystopian future...)
Old 10-16-2018, 12:25 AM

At some point you gonna have to stick with one group in particular or the never ending money will start eating you.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:19 AM

Campy still makes chains for 10 and 9 speed. No worries I think.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:31 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercheung View Post
Is it understood that, at some point, Chorus will go 12 speed? Or will Campy keep it at 11 for a while to "differentiate" things from record?

I assume it will be the former, given that I suspect they'd want to simplify the parts and tooling for the pro-line of group sets. The question would be when...

(slightly paranoid about trying to source out-of-production 11 speed chains in the near dystopian future...)
My little bird tells me the 'next big thing', will be SR/REcord 12s wireless..sometime in summer/fall 2019..will Chorus follow with 12s mech and wireless? Don't know. I suspect Chorus EPS will go away..Centaur and Potenza, mech and disc, will be in the line up..SR/Record will be mech and wireless, rim and disc..Chorus? Probably but don't know

As for chains..use any 11s chain..like KMC but 11s for Campag, via Centaur and Potenza, will be around for a while, me thinks..
Old 10-16-2018, 06:35 AM

I'm holding out for 13s.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
My little bird tells me the 'next big thing', will be SR/REcord 12s wireless..sometime in summer/fall 2019..will Chorus follow with 12s mech and wireless? Don't know. I suspect Chorus EPS will go away..Centaur and Potenza, mech and disc, will be in the line up..SR/Record will be mech and wireless, rim and disc..Chorus? Probably but don't know

As for chains..use any 11s chain..like KMC but 11s for Campag, via Centaur and Potenza, will be around for a while, me thinks..
Ooooooh boy, is this great. Make ‘em hurry up, Spud.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Barely Hanging On

My understanding is that the 12 speed electronic stuff will be available soon, but I've heard nothing about it being wireless. I do hope Campy does go wireless at some point soon. My hopes are more set of a Chorus 12 group coming out next year.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:19 AM

Yeah I have seen no report of wireless, most of the data points to wired. Too bad. I will still get it.