Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2019, 02:27 PM

Saw it, was impressed that it wasn't complete junk and seemed functional, but wasn't amazed much beyond that.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:26 PM

Had a chance to play with the group on a trainer at the Philly Bike Show. Wanted to like it but the action on the shifting was very heavy. Other words that come to mind are "slow" and "clunky". Hard to say if more R&D could make it a viable option or if Rotor has the capacity for that investment.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:43 PM

Or there’s this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs4N6o5B...=1ug1xex5sjvoo
Old 01-21-2019, 06:40 PM

I had a friend sponsored by Rotor who had some serious problems with the group in races. They switched to dura ace mid season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
There's a used group for sale here- https://www.facebook.com/groups/onli...28081787307225

(probably not visible unless you're a member of the group)
That's my buddy's. There's a reason it's for sale.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota View Post
That's my buddy's. There's a reason it's for sale.
Care to expand on this?
Old 01-22-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowgram5 View Post
Care to expand on this?
Our mechanic hated installing it and my buddy hated using it. I recall him complaining about how it "felt terrible", whatever that means. But he hated it from day one and it never got better. Took it off, installed Sram 1X again, and is completely happy.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:25 AM

A Rotor rep brought a groupset by quite a while ago to our shop. I loved it. It was not out of the ballpark price range or orders of magnitude more price wise than the other nonsense we all buy and put on our bikes.

I was told they had groupsets in stock and ready to ship, and placed an order with the traveling rotor tech guy that day. Was promised a groupset, but they dragged their heels on taking my money and actually shipping. Eventually the inside guy just sort of stopped responding. My outside rep eventually said they weren't shipping them because some other shop couldn't follow directions and installation went poorly, so they were revamping their instructions/dealer policy.

Shame. Went Di2 instead. It's nice.

Then I eventually did the same basic thing but with Rotor's RVolver hubs. Except I actually got a set after being told multiple times they had shipped last week and hadn't. Then they showed up and were not at all what their press releases said - supposed to be quiet, drag free. Were absurdly loud and enough drag when coasting that the customer could feel the chain being pushed in his feet, and eventually chain would just sort of pile up by the top of the chainstay at the crankset. In the stand it pedals the bike like a fixed gear.

I have the hubs sitting on my shelf at the shop. Rotor was supposed to credit our shop back and send a label for to get the hubs back. I don't know if they ever credited us, as that's not my purview, but I know they didn't send a label. It was quite a fiasco. But I have a cool looking pair of hubs sitting on my shelf now.

No more rotor stuff for me, even though I absolutely loved riding the UNO group when it was brought by. I really did.