Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
Nice

Interference fit...no rattle?
So far all good but only got about 20 miles on it since I finished it right before winter kicked in.
Everything is tight, should have gone 650 but it seems to be fine, time will tell...
Old 02-27-2021, 07:49 PM
The B!

yea thats pretty dope too. i hadnt even thought about rattle with the daruma - seems like thats a possibility...?

so this fender is on for the time being - finally got out for a legit ride today, and a new problem presented... mounted high enough to clear the tire, the caliper bites into the fender and gets out of alignment, and i end up with brake rub.. lower the fender even a smidge, and the screw plate rubs the tire.. so.... ****. whatever. i ended up loosening cable tension so nothing would rub, but of course the front brake sucks .. which is definitely not what im going for. seems like i could probably crimp the fender just at the caliper, might be my next move

bruh fenders are a pain in the nuts on a steel road bike. i mean i knew it probably would be and was prepared for fiddling, but still.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:54 AM

The answer is center pulls
Old 02-28-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man View Post
yea thats pretty dope too. i hadnt even thought about rattle with the daruma - seems like thats a possibility...?

so this fender is on for the time being - finally got out for a legit ride today, and a new problem presented... mounted high enough to clear the tire, the caliper bites into the fender and gets out of alignment, and i end up with brake rub.. lower the fender even a smidge, and the screw plate rubs the tire.. so.... ****. whatever. i ended up loosening cable tension so nothing would rub, but of course the front brake sucks .. which is definitely not what im going for. seems like i could probably crimp the fender just at the caliper, might be my next move

bruh fenders are a pain in the nuts on a steel road bike. i mean i knew it probably would be and was prepared for fiddling, but still.
No reason a drama set-up should rattle given that you are pulling the parts together.

Fenders are like Ikea furniture....they are usually almost always never really exactly mostly perfect.