Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-2024, 08:14 PM

Aluminum 29er disc rim suggestions.

As the heading suggest I'm looking into semi aerodynamic Aluminum 29er disc rims. I haven't been able to a road bike for many years due to spinal issue that make it impossible to maintain position. I desperately want to ride a bike again and think there's a tiny chance the far more upright position of a mountain bike could work. The rims I currently have are old (Roughly 15 years old) narrow, squared off and heavy. Would like to find some wider, lighter and more oval shaped rims. I've been looking at some offerings from DT Swiss, Stan's and Hunt. I have a nice set of hubs so rims are all I need. Are there any other brands that I should be looking at?
Old 09-28-2024, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themountaintop View Post
As the heading suggest I'm looking into semi aerodynamic Aluminum 29er disc rims. I haven't been able to a road bike for many years due to spinal issue that make it impossible to maintain position. I desperately want to ride a bike again and think there's a tiny chance the far more upright position of a mountain bike could work. The rims I currently have are old (Roughly 15 years old) narrow, squared off and heavy. Would like to find some wider, lighter and more oval shaped rims. I've been looking at some offerings from DT Swiss, Stan's and Hunt. I have a nice set of hubs so rims are all I need. Are there any other brands that I should be looking at?
Velocity
Old 09-29-2024, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Those are all good options. I have gravitated towards DT Swiss, but have used Stan’s a few times over the years and Hunt always has a great reputation. Good luck getting back on the bike!
Old 09-29-2024, 06:41 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Velocity Aileron...Either send me some hubs or I can source some from Bitex, WI, DT...use Sapim spokes..and Bob's your mother's brother.