Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2021, 11:12 AM

Seven Axiom S with OP wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by majorpat; 08-04-2021 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:39 PM

Since I've last posted in this thread, a number of titanium bikes have flowed in and out of my stable. Out are Kish all rounder, Moots compact, Lynskey Cooper CX, Spectrum Super, Seven Evergreen. In are Seven Evergreen Pro, Mosaic GT-1, Salsa Vaya, Moots Baxter. And one mainstay - Eriksen Road (rim brake)

Here are the new and mainstay:

Old 08-04-2021, 02:48 PM
tailgunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloduffer View Post
Since I've last posted in this thread, a number of titanium bikes have flowed in and out of my stable. Out are Kish all rounder, Moots compact, Lynskey Cooper CX, Spectrum Super, Seven Evergreen. In are Seven Evergreen Pro, Mosaic GT-1, Salsa Vaya, Moots Baxter. And one mainstay - Eriksen Road (rim brake)
ha, what a quiver. covers all terrains.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:50 PM

This is my newest ti setup. Moda Senza purchased from the UK. Rides like a dream! May put an integrated stem/handlebar on it.

This is my other one. Out of commission since I had a problem with the bolts on the front wheel. Paul Components parts can be a little finicky. Thomson X2 stem and Thomson ti flatbars make for a smooth ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nspace View Post
@MikeV: LOVE that Merlin!!!

Here is my Lynskey R330
This just looks perfect!

Texbike
Old 08-04-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbike View Post
This just looks perfect!

Texbike
Thanks! One day I’ll find a way to get rid of the giant Enve logo and it will look a little better. Sometimes I think about swapping out the frame for a Ritchey Road Logic, but there is something really nice about not worrying about paint and rust and this bike rides really smooth and fits me well.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:07 PM
Two wheels good

Quote:
Since I've last posted in this thread, a number of titanium bikes have flowed in and out of my stable.
I like your style!
Old 08-05-2021, 08:50 AM

Firefly road
Strong All road
Litespeed Unicoi monstercross and snowbike

skinny, chubby, fat!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Firefly.jpg (151.5 KB, 576 views)
File Type: jpg Strong.jpg (153.6 KB, 579 views)
File Type: jpg Unicoi.jpg (68.7 KB, 573 views)
Old 08-05-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nspace View Post
Thanks! One day I’ll find a way to get rid of the giant Enve logo and it will look a little better. Sometimes I think about swapping out the frame for a Ritchey Road Logic, but there is something really nice about not worrying about paint and rust and this bike rides really smooth and fits me well.
Road Logics are cool. However, I just don't know how one could do better than this. Other than tire clearance, there's really nothing that a Road Logic would offer over the Lynskey. Plus, brushed Ti just looks soooo right.

Texbike
Old 08-05-2021, 09:08 AM

On a (very) local road...

August 4, 2021 by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

SPP
Old 08-05-2021, 10:48 AM
formerly Landshark_98

Quote:
Very nice! If you are so inclined i'd. love to hear more about the Evergreen pro, specifically what the carbon brings to the table as I've been considering moving on my. Spectrum Super for a few other reasons but. am very intrigued by this bike (and the 622xx). Thanks!
Old 08-05-2021, 04:49 PM

One Year Old

I've had this Alliance Road for almost exactly one year. Erik did an amazing job, I love this bike. Two set-ups. On windy days, I swap out the Meilenstein up front for a Gipfelsturm. Double-butted tube set is nice and light, but super responsive.

Still have the Routt 45, its a crime how little riding time it gets, but planning changing that this autumn...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alliance - I.jpg (149.9 KB, 522 views)
File Type: jpg Alliance - II.jpg (150.4 KB, 518 views)
File Type: jpg Routt 45.jpg (149.7 KB, 519 views)
Old 08-05-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk007 View Post
Very nice! If you are so inclined i'd. love to hear more about the Evergreen pro, specifically what the carbon brings to the table as I've been considering moving on my. Spectrum Super for a few other reasons but. am very intrigued by this bike (and the 622xx). Thanks!
I haven't on the Pro for very long and the other Evergreen was the full titanium S-model. I've done a mixture of road and gravel, but nothing very loose or big. The Pro is a bit lighter (half a pound or so) and should take off some bumpiness/buzz from off-road, but again I didn't do any rides that showed an appreciable difference. Also, I would think tire size would really be a bigger factor in shock absorption than frame material - there's appreciable difference between an 700x40 Clement Xplor vs 35mm Gravel King.

To be honest, I don't know if the difference in price equates to a the same difference in ride quality (both of my Sevens had the same Seven Signature geometry). The build quality and lugs of the Pro, though, are really quite nice so on an aesthetic level it may make a difference to you. IMHO, Seven doesn't get nearly the accolades (publicity) on its builds like some other brands but I would still consider them one of the best titanium builders.

In general, I found ti-carbon combinations make for a nice ride - one of my regrets was selling a ti-carbon Serotta Ottrott, one of the most comfortable bikes that I've ever owned and my old body (60-yr old with too much mileage!) would appreciate today.

As for the Seven geometry, it's a nice balance for road and gravel and makes for a good all-rounder bike. It is one of the bike that I consider in keeping if I only had to own one bike (thankfully I dont' yet)
Old 08-07-2021, 11:38 AM

eventually my Enve AR bars will come in and that will be the only change.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:54 AM

so many nice bikes here!

here is my Vamoots CR custom.
just built the second wheelset for it, CK45 hubs to H+Son polished rims. Totally different look compared to carbon wheels but I like them both
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moots1.jpg (94.7 KB, 406 views)
File Type: jpg Moots2.jpg (86.7 KB, 407 views)