Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Bentonville? Weird. Not really home to trendy fashion brands. What was the thinking there. I would think more Boulder.
The Walton’s bought Rapha. They’re based in Bentonville. Simple as that. Office used to be in Portland.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:49 AM

Wonder how soon before REI starts their Rapha sale.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Bentonville? Weird. Not really home to trendy fashion brands. What was the thinking there. I would think more Boulder.
The Waltons force any brand they do business with to open an office in Bentonville.
Fun fact! 100 years ago the most millionaires per capita were in a small WV county where coal executives lived. Now it’s Benton County, AR.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:16 AM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
The Walton’s bought Rapha. They’re based in Bentonville. Simple as that. Office used to be in Portland.
Oh, that's right. A couple of the Walton rich kids are big bikers. MTB, I think. Makes sense, I guess.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:29 AM

USA Cycling is in Boulder as far as I know. Did that change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey.d View Post
I would assume the staff are relieved that they no longer have to live in the World Capital of Mountainbiking...

USACycling and Vittoria both lost some of their most experienced employees due to forced relocation to Bentonville over the last two years.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:36 AM

My Facebook feed this morning had a link to big sale by them. Too good to be true, led to a scam site. Wonder how many people will see this story and think they are just getting a good deal and get ripped off.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadmax View Post
Colorado Springs- but after the Waltons installed the same person who helped them buy Rapha as the head of USAcycling they created a satellite office in Bentonville.

They have forced collegiate and jr cycling people and the Technical Director to move there. As you can imagine, people involved with collegiate cycling by and large don’t support the insane conservative culture war laboratory that is Arkansas. Now, being willing to live in Bentonville is a crucial test to whether or not you can continue advocating for american cycling. Vittoria lost their OEM sales manager for the same reason- they don’t want to risk raising their kids in Arkansas.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:37 AM
send me the twizzlers yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadmax View Post
They've never been in Boulder.
Colorado Springs.
Where the OTC lives.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:04 AM

Surely there's something else to do there other than riding bikes and going to church

Heard the sprinter van service scene is quite extensive

Quote:
Colorado Springs- but after the Waltons installed the same person who helped them buy Rapha as the head of USAcycling they created a satellite office in Bentonville.

They have forced collegiate and jr cycling people and the Technical Director to move there. As you can imagine, people involved with collegiate cycling by and large don’t support the insane conservative culture war laboratory that is Arkansas. Now, being willing to live in Bentonville is a crucial test to whether or not you can continue advocating for american cycling. Vittoria lost their OEM sales manager for the same reason- they don’t want to risk raising their kids in Arkansas.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Fun fact! 100 years ago the most millionaires per capita were in a small WV county where coal executives lived. Now it’s Benton County, AR.
Can you link to this fact? I can't find it. Most: LA Wealthiest: Loudoun. No mention of Benton. Maybe my search terms aren't finding what I want.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:13 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
Can you link to this fact? I can't find it. Most: LA Wealthiest: Loudoun. No mention of Benton. Maybe my search terms aren't finding what I want.
This is unfortunately a non-fact.

Benton County has the highest median household income among counties in Arkansas: $85,269.

It's not even close to Loudoun County, VA: $170,463
Old 04-26-2024, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Gag me. Have you been to Bentonville? It's pretty liberal for the midwest/south.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:40 AM

Haven't been to B'ville since '18 or '19, but last time I was there the Sprinter scene was out of control.

There is glorious single track...

I feel fortunate that some of my peak mileage years coincided with peak Rapha years - what Simon did for the community was, briefly, interesting to watch.

Over the years, I visited clubhouses in NYC (old and new), San Fran, and London.

Even in hindsight, I'm not sure how it could have been sustained.

Haven't purch'd anything from Rapha in maybe 4 years... coincidence?
Old 04-26-2024, 11:54 AM
quadropheniac

Quote:
Fun fact perhaps, but it appears to be false as others have noted and I gave you the benefit of the doubt in terms of small cities, until I read the list that Kipplinger publishes (see link from 2020). NYC, SF, LA, Austin…another story all together. Billionaires perhaps as there are two Waltons living there.

https://www.kiplinger.com/investing/...re-populations
Old 04-26-2024, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB View Post
This is unfortunately a non-fact.

Benton County has the highest median household income among counties in Arkansas: $85,269.

It's not even close to Loudoun County, VA: $170,463
My cab driver lied to me!?