Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-2021, 12:23 PM

I have two buddies that are riding the Enve gravel bars and really seem to like them. A bit too much flare for me.

FWIW, I really like the FSA AGX bars I'm running and highly recommend them. They have just enough flare, a shallow drop and this small, flat contoured section on the top by the hoods that is just about perfect for your hands, I wish all bars had this contour.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:52 AM

Enve

I like the gravel bars. I've had them on my rig for about 4 months and enjoy the versatility.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:13 PM
mentholated

i am excited to try these out.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:35 PM

I switched from the Easton AX to the Enve bars and went wider (from 44 to 46). I like that the Enve bars don't tilt your brake levers as much, which makes the levers feel wider. The shape is nice, though I don't think I need the extra flare right at the ends....makes the bars wider in a group, and not really a place I put my hands.
Old 07-11-2022, 02:58 PM

the gravel bars def are pretty flared if you’re coming from a road setup. I currently use the enve aero bars and theres a slight flare thats really nice and closer to the AR bars. the gravel bar flares are comfortable but on the road i feel like i'm a tiny bit out of place
Old 07-11-2022, 03:31 PM
Meh

I really like them. My road fit is already fairly wide (46) and per Enve's advice, I sized up to 48. Which seems real wide. But since I ride 800 on my mountain bike, from another point of view, they're hella narrow.

Per going wider, I also brought the stem size down from 100 to 90mm, which improved the handling on the Ritchey Outback slightly. So there's some bias introduced by the positive effect of that change.

I really like the hand position on the hoods and the flare is good if you've got steep off road descents to deal with (all of ours are steep). I know they make some compliance claims, but I found them hard to verify.

Caveats: the proprietary bar end things are neat but I kind of wish I could use my own. Also, the drop on these is a bit more than most comparable flared gravel bars - this is something to watch out for if you're looking to spend a lot of time in the drops, and I'd look at Salsa or Ritchey's flared offerings first if that's a dealbreaker for you.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:52 PM

Enve AR

Of the Enve bars- The AR is the way to go. Perfect flat top (not too big) and mild amount of flare.
I like them so much I put them on my road bikes-