Originally Posted by redir View Post
By the way is it,
Chel -est kind of like C in cellist
Or
Sell - est
Or
?
The correct pronunciation (Italian) is:
/ce·lè·ste/ = ce (as in Che (Guevara)) + (as in less) + ste (as in step) (definitely not at all pronounced/accented stay, etc…)

How to pronounce Celeste (Italian/Italy)

Yes, Bianchi has always been and always is cool.
Supplying some of the greatest racers in history and an enormous percentage of commuters/recreational/amateur riders in one country alone (and many others) is definitely cool.

Last edited by Dino Suegiù; 03-13-2020 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardr View Post
"My ‘89 Giro, Columbus SLX. This time frame, Bianchi wasn’t doing chrome accents other than chainstay, which is why I sold it and got the blingier’83. My friend who bought it painted it metallic purple "

Actually House of Kolor Hot Pink pearl....obviously Kool:
Cool
Old 03-13-2020, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
Bianchi is cool.
When I wanted to get back in shape and lose weight, I pulled my old Bianchi out (I hadn't ridden it in over 10 years), and proceeded on a journey that shed 60 pounds over a few years and culminated in my best year (in miles, 7,500)
I've since bought a new Carbon and a new Ti custom frames.
My Bianchi is cool.
Congrats! That's really hard to do--and then maintain. I lost 40-50 over the previous winter, thanks in part to nightly rides on the trainer. Riding in front of the TV is nowhere near as fun as the open road!

I just recently picked up my first Bianchi (a vigorelli), and I've been putting some miles on it.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:54 AM

Never cool from my standpoint.

Do not like celeste at all either.

Jeff
Old 03-14-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
I like. And I prefer this shade of Celeste that has more green than light blue.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
I like. And I prefer this shade of Celeste that has more green than light blue.
I remember a good number of conversations on Classic Rendezvous where a (typically) newcomer would ask about color matching celeste, only to find out that it has gone through a lot of iterations over the years....

There's a nice looking MegaPro (Zero Tre steel--late 90s?, so before the alu ones) on ebay at present
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bianchi-Rep...YAAOSwOXRd0zAx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg megapro.jpg (141.6 KB, 229 views)
Old 03-14-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdm View Post
Never cool from my standpoint.

Do not like celeste at all either.

Jeff
one thing for sure the color is very polarizing..all those years i spent riding my Bianchi around Dallas i had several people go out their way to tell me how they hate "that" color.of course they all rode a black trek or specialized carbon bike.coincidence ?
Old 03-14-2020, 12:38 PM
Viva Chamucos

I’ve posted this here before but it’s one of my favorites. Yes, Bianchi can be cool:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C74821D9-23D0-4CE6-B0C4-08D46DFF17B5.jpeg (131.6 KB, 229 views)
Old 03-14-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw3759 View Post
one thing for sure the color is very polarizing..all those years i spent riding my Bianchi around Dallas i had several people go out their way to tell me how they hate "that" color.of course they all rode a black trek or specialized carbon bike.coincidence ?
A couple of decades ago Bianchi took an international survey to ask whether they should change their flagship color. The survey returned a lot of comments about the color - unusual, weird, ugly, bizarre - but the vote was overwhelmingly in favor of keeping it.

As an aside, I've found the "black is cool, it's gotta be all black, except maybe dark charcoal" crowd to be the least interesting and imaginative people in cycling. I'm lookin' at you, Rapha.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tubes View Post
A couple of decades ago Bianchi took an international survey to ask whether they should change their flagship color. The survey returned a lot of comments about the color - unusual, weird, ugly, bizarre - but the vote was overwhelmingly in favor of keeping it.

As an aside, I've found the "black is cool, it's gotta be all black, except maybe dark charcoal" crowd to be the least interesting and imaginative people in cycling. I'm lookin' at you, Rapha..

quite interesting regarding those survey results.had never heard about that.i wasnt trying to point as people who love those blacked out bikes as unimaginative.all so subjective i guess.i mean i think my bead blasted Ti frames one the most beautiful finishes in cycling and lots think its too boring.pics really dont do it justice imo.the brushed or polished Ti i have owned don't come close.and i still can't stomach any colored anodizing on Ti for some reason,and i cant really articulate why other than i hated it the nineties when it first started and still do
Old 03-14-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw3759 View Post
quite interesting regarding those survey results.had never heard about that.i wasnt trying to point as people who love those blacked out bikes as unimaginative.all so subjective i guess.i mean i think my bead blasted Ti frames one the most beautiful finishes in cycling and lots think its too boring.pics really dont do it justice imo.the brushed or polished Ti i have owned don't come close.and i still can't stomach any colored anodizing on Ti for some reason,and i cant really articulate why other than i hated it the nineties when it first started and still do
I hated the color for at last twenty-five years. Then all of a sudden I liked it. As I've gotten older I've found I have started liking uncommon colors. I've also started liking Orange. Gosh...hope I don't have a tumor?
Old 03-14-2020, 06:17 PM

The reparto corse Bianchis are all very cool. I prefer the bluish celeste to the greenish hue.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhespenheide View Post

Yes, Bianchi's are cool.

I'm torn, generationally. To me, the best frames are the last of the lugged steel -- particularly the EL-OS, or the high-end Tange models for beer money. But those models come with a unicrown fork, so that's an aesthetic ding against them in my book. I'd probably go with one of the last models that came with a fork crown. The higher-end 1987 models that came with the extra "world champion" decal after Argentin won in '86 in Colorado Springs are a nice detail.

Personally, I prefer the celeste that's a touch more blue, don't prefer a lot of chrome, and don't prefer to match the saddle or bar tape in celeste. Too much of a good thing, ya know. I also like the dark blue models, but the pink or purple models have never resonated with me. Also, not a fan of red accents against celeste. But everyone's welcome to their own opinion or interpretation.
I do not believe they are anymore but this is very cool...
Old 03-15-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
I have the non-disk version of the Infinito with Chorus 11 speed. It is a fantastic riding and handling bike.