Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2024, 07:04 AM
Everyone's Favorite Droid

Where are we buying cheap jerseys these days?

I put on some weight and need some cheap road bike jerseys. Obvs used would be my first choice but any reputable, inexpensive jerseys you’d recommend?

Price range is like ~$50 - that kind of cheap.
Old 05-23-2024, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I put on some weight and need some cheap road bike jerseys. Obvs used would be my first choice but any reputable, inexpensive jerseys you’d recommend?

Price range is like ~$50 - that kind of cheap.
https://neoprocycling.com/collections/jerseys

I like these
Old 05-23-2024, 07:40 AM

Check out the Primal Wear sale page, they have some nuce jerseys on sale now in the $40-$50 range.
https://www.primalwear.com/pages/outlet-cycling-apparel
Old 05-23-2024, 07:42 AM

Wulibikes. Sold on both eBay and Amazon. Recently purchased a solid color one to see what it was like- pretty nice. $30 delivered.
Old 05-23-2024, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
These are great, and these are my go-to jersey and bibs now! Be advised, however, that they are "race fit" for sure, and if you've gained a few and are looking for something a bit more "club fit" you might be better off looking elsewhere.

Black Bibs has super cheap and reliable club fit jerseys.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:04 AM
Two wheels good

Here you go. $55. And made in America which should count for something.
https://store.voler.com/products/1010l84
Old 05-23-2024, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonracing View Post
Here you go. $55. And made in America which should count for something.
https://store.voler.com/products/1010l84
it does count! as someone new to cycling and someone who has purchased/worn clothing of only natural fibers for the better part of a decade, i avoided buying any cycling kit for over a year while i grappled with having to put $ into plastic clothes. i caved and finally got some bib shorts and a wind jacket from voler. if we have to wear kit for the sake of performance/comfort we should at least make an effort, if we can afford to, to support made in the US where we have labor laws and regulations to protect workers and the environment...i know, is there an eyeroll emoji? we have to take these things at face value really. as someone who has worked in the garment industry for the entirety of their career, i know that people sewing these garments aren't earning enough to put a down payment on a house where they live, here in CA where most US garment industry still exists, but at least they're afforded some kind of living and working conditions that are comfortable.

equally as important i think is to support companies that are working with fabrics that are OEKO-Tex certified or working with recycled materials. i'd really like to see more development here and with semi-synthetics (cellulose based) textiles. voler is missing the mark here but i think i'm ready for my first jersey and am probably going to pick up the merino.
Old 05-23-2024, 11:44 AM

Used, on eBay. Find ones you like, put them in your watchlist, and see if any of the sellers offer you a discounted price. Great jerseys, most in really good condition, for a fraction of new.
Old 05-23-2024, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkle View Post
These are great, and these are my go-to jersey and bibs now! Be advised, however, that they are "race fit" for sure, and if you've gained a few and are looking for something a bit more "club fit" you might be better off looking elsewhere.

Black Bibs has super cheap and reliable club fit jerseys.
Agree that the NeoPro ones are good but run snug so size up if needed. They also are not best for hot and swampy conditions as they don't breathe super well. However, the colors and finish are awesome and I like them a lot in mild conditions.
Old 05-23-2024, 10:41 AM
Byron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Nick,
You do have a mean streak after all!
I don't recall any of this kit from Cino last summer.
My bill for emotional pain is coming your way.
By

Last edited by bironi; 05-23-2024 at 12:16 PM. Reason: stupidity
Old 05-23-2024, 09:45 AM

I am 6’-1” and 230 pounds and my go to for jerseys is Primal (club fit 2xl.) Watch their sale page and you can get jerseys all day long from $25 up – I never spend more than 50 bucks for a jersey and they last forever, fit Well and look good!

Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2024, 09:52 AM

Are primal ones still the same material they've always been? I have several Primal jerseys that were kind of tourism purchases and they have held up for 10+ years now.

In the last 8-10 years I have ended up with a bunch of jerseys that attempt to be lighter weight/more breathable and almost all of them are poor quality, they tend to have a lighter fabric/weave on the torso.

Off the top of my head these are from Pactimo and now from Garneau. They are a little lighter weight for hot weather but I don't think it's worth it as the lighter material pulls really easy. Brush up against velcro or a sharp bit of the bike? Pull. Wash them at all? Pull. My Garneau ones that are like 2 months old look worse than some of my 20+ year old jerseys made with the traditional fabrics.

I have a Bontrager jersey that is almost 50% of the way between traditional fabric and that one has been durable. It is not as light though. It would be a good choice for a bigger guy, it is definitely not a race cut and the amount of material in the belly bothers me (and I'm still 5-10lbs overweight of race weight right now).. way too baggy. I tend to mostly wear it for MTB where I'm not worrying about flapping fabric.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:55 AM

rapha
Old 05-23-2024, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
rapha
cheap?
Old 05-23-2024, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
cheap?
I'm all industry pro deal all the time, just being cheeky. That said with the re-expansion of wholesale for Rapha etc. deals are much more easily found today than in the past 5 years or so.