Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-2019, 07:55 AM

Centennial CO bike rentals

who rents road bike near Centennial CO and how is ridding on the Cherry Creek trail? Thanks
Old 06-17-2019, 09:04 AM

Elevation Cycles and Alpha Bicycle Co. are both fine shops by reputation. I don't get to that side of town very often, so I haven't used them. I have also not ridden the Cherry Creek Trail, but I would expect a typical MUP experience. If you've got the time and legs, I kinda prefer Highline Canal (which is mostly dirt) for that area or maybe ask your rental shop for a route. If you can get to the Golden/Lakewood area, Lookout-US40-Red Rocks is a pretty classic loop.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Elevation Cycles and Alpha Bicycle Co. are both fine shops by reputation. I don't get to that side of town very often, so I haven't used them. I have also not ridden the Cherry Creek Trail, but I would expect a typical MUP experience. If you've got the time and legs, I kinda prefer Highline Canal (which is mostly dirt) for that area or maybe ask your rental shop for a route. If you can get to the Golden/Lakewood area, Lookout-US40-Red Rocks is a pretty classic loop.
Cherry creek to south platte to bear creek park to red rocks, return along c470 via chatfield could make a great loop if you don’t mind some of the mup issues. A map would be helpful!
Old 06-17-2019, 09:25 AM

^^ There you go.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

The Cherry Creek trail is busy...very busy. I have to ride it for a couple of miles on my downtown commute and usually can't wait to get off it and back on the Platte.

Where in Centennial? If you have a car or can get to the Platte trail, you can take it south to Chatfield reservoir and make your way up High Grade/Deer Creek Canyon. High Grade is a nice 2 hour climb with some nice scenery. Deer Creek is a little easier, but still a nice Front Range climb.

What size bike do you ride?
Old 06-17-2019, 10:02 AM

Im there for business Yes ill have a car it would probably evening rides only and IM looking for something scenic and slightly easy to ride. We have the WO&D here so I am familiar with the Joggers and Stroller moms...
Old 06-17-2019, 10:46 AM

How long will you be there?
If you're in Centennial, find your way over to the Platte River trail for better riding, and better yet, hop off that trail by Chatfield State Park/Reservoir to hit Deer Creek Canyon (paved) and/or Waterton Canyon (dirt).
Happy to send you some GPS route if you'd like, just DM me if so :-)