Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-2019, 07:14 PM
kg

I mounted a Power Arc 143. I set it up as specified on the packaging (3cm further back than a standard length saddle) and with rails parallel to the ground. That angle means the rear is much higher than the front. I feel as though I slide down to the middle of the saddle and then feel hunched over. To compensate, I ended up pushing myself further back than I would normally sit. One or both of those positions created a lot of perineal pressure.

So, advice on how to set it up? Should I raise the nose some? Lower it more? Anyone else have these results from the Power Arc?
Old 09-18-2019, 10:19 PM

I have a couple of Berk Dila saddles on my bikes and they have proved to be comfortable for short to longer rides.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgreene10 View Post
I mounted a Power Arc 143. I set it up as specified on the packaging

This is interesting. The majority of the saddles I’ve owned I purchased second-hand or they came on a bike. I didn’t realize there were instructions.

I did recently purchase a new saddle (a Pro Stealth) so I went to look at the packaging and instructions but found nothing useful.

When I install a saddle, I find the right setback position and then level it with a torpedo level across the top surface. Am I doing it wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My blog and Instagram
Old 09-19-2019, 12:54 PM

Many people choose level or a very slight nose down. The Power saddle were suggested to have the front half level with the ground allowing the rear of the saddle to slope upward. SMP saddles have a range of acceptable angles dependent on user preference. I think starting level and making very small adjustments to comfort is a reasonable approach.