Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2008, 12:11 PM

Smile Team 7/11 Huffy

I have a 1984 Serotta Team 7-11 Huffy built up with Campy Delta Record. I think it is a 54cm frame. I am 5' 8". I am the original owner and it is very good condition. There is some wear as it has been riden about 2000 miles and a small ding in the top tube but overall nice shape. Is there interest in this type of bike? I don't have room for it. What type of value might it have? Michael

Last edited by mdresdner; 11-17-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-17-2008, 12:21 PM

It sounds like a very undesirable bike......a team named after a convenience store? ha! I'm sure they were no good and never won anything. And what are these strange Campy components you speak of? I thought only the Japanese made good components.

it's probably worth nothing.....ship it to me and I'll dispose of it properly for no charge of course.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:47 PM
ol' Colaraddy

Its not worth recycling

Just call me up I'll pick it up and haul it over to Good Will for you. What is this Campy delta record? sounds like some kinda don't ask don't tell army thing to me

Growing older but not up
Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 PM

I'm 5'8", therefore if you send it to me it will be properly prefitted.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Serotta Biased and HSG Luster

yes there is a market

and if that is RECORD group with DELTA brakes, and they are in good condition, you have a very desirable bike. Measure c to center top tube and seat tube, take pictures, and post in the classified and maybe also ebay. (once the pictures are posted and component description then you can ask some of the resident experts a fair price. Also where are you located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdresdner
I have a 1984 Serotta Team 7-11 Huffy built up with Campy Delta Record. I think it is a 54cm frame. I am 5' 8". I am the original owner and it is very good condition. There is some wear as it has been riden about 2000 miles and a small ding in the top tube but overall nice shape. Is there interest in this type of bike? I don't have room for it. What type of value might it have? Michael
Old 11-17-2008, 07:48 PM

Thumbs up team 7/11 huffy

It does have Delta brakes and I am in Atlanta. I'll get some photos and post it.

Also, I'd love to trade it for a cyclo cross bike with triple as well as rack and fender capacity!

Michael
Old 11-17-2008, 08:49 PM

gentlemen?!!!!

I can hear the sound of drooling from here...
Old 11-17-2008, 08:51 PM

If I were you, I would clean it up, display it, and ride it on special occasions. Spend $1k on a Surly Long Haul Trucker, if that's what you want, but if you give this bike up you will probably deeply regret it! Do some serious research before you sell or trade it.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:09 PM

The Huffy 7-11 bikes were for the years 87-88. Before that they were branded Murray and they were on Merckx after.

Would love to see photos!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:03 AM
Serotta Biased and HSG Luster

Yes, I have an 84Murray (or SPOKES has it on long term lust). Send me some pictures (I am in RALEIGH) at pmckeon@bellsouth.net - if you can not post on here and I will post them for you. A classified on FORUM might generate some interest in a sale or trade.