Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-16-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
Nothing to do with the court. It's that the missed games could've changed the course of the season many teams.
Sure, but this is true even in “normal” seasons. This is the reality we are in. No one is advantaged or disadvantaged by it.
Old 08-17-2020, 10:34 PM

Small observation: I really like not having courtside fans/cameras. Seems much much safer for the players and they are making efforts on balls they would otherwise let go.
Old 08-17-2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
Nothing to do with the court. It's that the missed games could've changed the course of the season many teams.
There weren't that many missed games, and there's been plenty of illness/guys opting out/injuries etc.

Same random slurry as ever. Anyone who comes out of this on top is a worthy title winner
Old 08-18-2020, 02:46 PM

Holy ****. What are you doing, Milwaukee?
Old 08-18-2020, 02:55 PM
i ride to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Haha. If I had my 1992 knees, it’d be “game on.” Right now, I’m good for a couple of Sabonis “rainbow 3s” per game. Sabonis Senior, not Junior ...
I wish he was a little younger when he hit the league...

Old 08-18-2020, 02:56 PM
i ride to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Holy ****. What are you doing, Milwaukee?
Old 08-18-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoymamba View Post
huge picture of Bob Myers]
Meh... Toronto lost their first game last year too. I still think the Bucks are in the Finals, though Boston not having Hayward makes life much easier for Toronto, the one team in the east that can beat them over 7 games.
Old 08-18-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I wish he was a little younger when he hit the league...

Look up some vintage videos of Sabonis v Robinson in the 1988 Olympics. With a mullet and healthy knees. Top five if he stayed healthy? Who else is there now? Is Duncan a "4?" If so, that leaves Russell, Chamberlain, Abdu-Jabbar, Shaq, and Olajuwon with Moses just on the bubble. Does he edge Shaq? I think, all things considered, it's at least a possibility. We'll never know.
Old 08-18-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Certainly a possibility. But how would the fit be? Assuming you're still keeping Curry, Klay, and Draymond.
Old 08-18-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Certainly a possibility. But how would the fit be? Assuming you're still keeping Curry, Klay, and Draymond.
The salary cap is a thing, and it's probably going down since it's calculated as a percentage of basketball revenue. I think they have to pick two of the three and trade the other one plus Wiggins plus picks plus salary filler to make Giannis 2021 work. Could be wrong though.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:37 PM
i ride to eat.

Quote:
Look up some vintage videos of Sabonis v Robinson in the 1988 Olympics. With a mullet and healthy knees. Top five if he stayed healthy? Who else is there now? Is Duncan a "4?" If so, that leaves Russell, Chamberlain, Abdu-Jabbar, Shaq, and Olajuwon with Moses just on the bubble. Does he edge Shaq? I think, all things considered, it's at least a possibility. We'll never know.
Even with the terrible knees- he’s on list of top bigs with Hakeem being number 1.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:43 PM
i ride to eat.

From the short 5 min of game I watched. The clogged lane and let someone else beat us method looked like a good counter to Giannis lack of ball skill. So they’ll have a tough time with Orlando.

Him coming to the warriors would be a dream come true as the warriors window to win now will begin to close. Their ability to score outside the paint would be a good synergy with Giannis.

It’s just amazing how much the game has changed.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Even with the terrible knees- he’s on list of top bigs with Hakeem being number 1.
I love Hakeem, but this is crazy pants. Is this in a non-Wilt Chamberlain category? Considering big men just from the 1990s?

Quote:
From the short 5 min of game I watched. The clogged lane and let someone else beat us method looked like a good counter to Giannis lack of ball skill. So they’ll have a tough time with Orlando.

Him coming to the warriors would be a dream come true as the warriors window to win now will begin to close. Their ability to score outside the paint would be a good synergy with Giannis.

It’s just amazing how much the game has changed.
Milwaukee's got enough shooting to make clogging the lane a non option over a 7 game series. I'd still wager the Bucks take this in 5.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
The salary cap is a thing, and it's probably going down since it's calculated as a percentage of basketball revenue. I think they have to pick two of the three and trade the other one plus Wiggins plus picks plus salary filler to make Giannis 2021 work. Could be wrong though.
Draymond is the obvious choice to move on from.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Agreed. Hakeem was the best center I’ve ever seen play. I never saw Russell or Wilt. And the Kareem I saw was at the very end of his career. But I did see Dream take down Ewing, Robinson, and Shaq. I wonder how he’d fare in this era of the “big men who can shoot outside.”

Would you take AD, Embiid, or Jokic over Hakeem? I wouldn’t.

Another vote for the “Dream” as the GOAT, with some interesting stats to back it up:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...-time.amp.html

Last edited by XXtwindad; 08-18-2020 at 05:00 PM.