Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Serotta Dentist

Where do you live: Colorado, just outside Boulder

Forum handle: I love Boulder County biking

How did you find Paceline: Can't remember. I've been reading it (lurking) since I bought my first Serotta in 2001, and it was the Serotta Forum. Now I'm a new participant.

What's in your stable: Serotta Concours, Serotta Colorado lll, Seven Axiom SL, Waterford RS 22, Raleigh Competition GS

How many miles riding last year: 5453 miles

Additional question: What is the class you have taken that you have enjoyed them most? Answer: the Barnett Bicycle Institute Repair and Overhaul Course

Something fun (not really fun, just a story) : I was riding into Denver about 30 years ago on a four-lane busy street. Suddenly a German Shepherd escaped his pen and, from across the four lanes, he made a bee-line for me, with the intent to kill; no barking, just ears-back, teeth-bared blinding rage and speed. I sped up, but I knew he had the angle and speed on me. Suddenly I heard, [I]thump, thump[I] followed by a piercing cry. I looked around, and he had been hit by a car; he died within minutes. The man who hit him said it was an accident, but that I was extremely lucky it happened. Sad that he died, but at that moment, I was very grateful.

Picture (from 2009)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aa-event photo, battle mountain.jpg (82.8 KB, 820 views)