Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-22-2020, 10:40 AM
Blue Jays Blue Jays is offline
Rock Hard ~ Ride Free
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: United States of America
Posts: 5,002
Thumbs up

I have heard about this brand many times and have seen it featured by Campagnolo in the past.
This thread finally inspired me to go view their website directly. There are some great pics there, too.
I am really looking forward to seeing this bicycle when all "i's are dotted and t's crossed" in completion!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-22-2020, 11:53 AM
Applesauce Applesauce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Rocky Canadian mountains
Posts: 142
Sweet looking bike. Looks like very nice paint, too. And I really like that they spec the Falz, such a rad fork.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-22-2020, 03:56 PM
Bencolem Bencolem is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 780
Looks lovely, great color.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-22-2020, 04:04 PM
lavi's Avatar
lavi lavi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: pdx
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
Sweet looking bike. Looks like very nice paint, too. And I really like that they spec the Falz, such a rad fork.
I guess if it's good enough for Dario et al....

Concur. Fork looks great on this.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-22-2020, 05:35 PM
jkbrwn's Avatar
jkbrwn jkbrwn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: South Pasadena, CA
Posts: 1,366
Didn’t think disc Falz existed? Also no mention of Falz on Stelbel’s site. Also doesn’t look like the lines of a Falz.

Looks like a Columbus Futura variant to me.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-23-2020, 05:47 AM
seedster2 seedster2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 76
Stelbel SB/03 Disc

The fork is Columbus futura disc.

I ordered the frame thru a local shop, Maglia Rosa in Nov. 2019. Manuel was great. Overall the experience was painless. Cicli Corsa, owners of Stelbel, is a top outfit.

The original lead time was about 6 months, but my frame took about a year. Bergamo was the epicenter of COVID so I was not surprised

Build has hit a major snag; my EPS V3 is toast. Apparently, I left it uncharged for too long and as a result the Lithium ion battery is not charging whatsoever. Now I have to find another, which won’t be easy. If anyone has one for sale let me know.



Last edited by seedster2; 12-23-2020 at 05:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-23-2020, 08:40 AM
Applesauce Applesauce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Rocky Canadian mountains
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedster2 View Post
I ordered the frame thru a local shop, Maglia Rosa.
I see this way too often. What kind of shop clamps by the frame, ever, for any reason? I have cheap seat posts in every size from which I’ve cut the heads, saves even a new build without a post spec’d yet from needing to be clamped by the frame. But there’s a slew of possible solutions to spare your frame this indignity.

Dunno how I mistook the fork for the Falz. Of course there’s no disc TA Falz! Think I might have been looking at Stelbel’s website and thinking with my typing fingers... Still, looks great.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-23-2020, 10:35 AM
flying flying is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedster2 View Post
Build has hit a major snag; my EPS V3 is toast. Apparently, I left it uncharged for too long and as a result the Lithium ion battery is not charging whatsoever. Now I have to find another, which won’t be easy. If anyone has one for sale let me know.
Your right I see V4 around buy not V3? Are they different? I see BikeInn states 10% higher capacity in comparison to V3 battery
Competitive Cyclist has them in USA
https://www.competitivecyclist.com/c...power-unit?s=a

Did see this V3 on Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Campagnolo-...AAAOSw3XBf1xxQ


I never knew these batteries were so expensive!

Last edited by flying; 12-23-2020 at 10:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-23-2020, 12:22 PM
joevers joevers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
I see this way too often. What kind of shop clamps by the frame, ever, for any reason? I have cheap seat posts in every size from which I’ve cut the heads, saves even a new build without a post spec’d yet from needing to be clamped by the frame. But there’s a slew of possible solutions to spare your frame this indignity.
Eh being steel, with a rag, and an EVT head I don't hate it. The EVT heads are real nice. They might just be getting it off the ground and not working on it. Probably just have not set saddle height or tightened the collar yet. I agree, great situation to use a dummy post. Bad practice but I wouldn't write a shop off for that. The next pic has it clamped right. If that was a park tool head clamped like that... yeah find a different shop.

Edit: Cant believe I responded in a thread about a Stelbel and said nothing about the Stelbel. I've always wanted to try a bike with their chainstays. The detail with paint matching the cockpit is really unmatched by anyone right now imo. Love the frame.

Last edited by joevers; 12-23-2020 at 12:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-23-2020, 03:48 PM
charliedid's Avatar
charliedid charliedid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
I see this way too often. What kind of shop clamps by the frame, ever, for any reason? I have cheap seat posts in every size from which I’ve cut the heads, saves even a new build without a post spec’d yet from needing to be clamped by the frame. But there’s a slew of possible solutions to spare your frame this indignity.

Dunno how I mistook the fork for the Falz. Of course there’s no disc TA Falz! Think I might have been looking at Stelbel’s website and thinking with my typing fingers... Still, looks great.
Clamp shaming is so weird.

Beautiful bike!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-23-2020, 06:05 PM
seedster2 seedster2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 76
Thanks for all the kind words. Bike is finished except for the battery install and tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying View Post
Your right I see V4 around buy not V3? Are they different? I see BikeInn states 10% higher capacity in comparison to V3 battery
Competitive Cyclist has them in USA
https://www.competitivecyclist.com/c...power-unit?s=a

Did see this V3 on Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Campagnolo-...AAAOSw3XBf1xxQ

I never knew these batteries were so expensive!
Campy batteries are already pricey, but that auction is price is insane. I stumbled across it and quickly dismissed it because it is price gouge for the impatient. I am fortunate to have two other bikes to ride while I wait for the updated V3 batteries are shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joevers View Post
Eh being steel, with a rag, and an EVT head I don't hate it. The EVT heads are real nice. They might just be getting it off the ground and not working on it. Probably just have not set saddle height or tightened the collar yet. I agree, great situation to use a dummy post. Bad practice but I wouldn't write a shop off for that. The next pic has it clamped right. If that was a park tool head clamped like that... yeah find a different shop.

Edit: Cant believe I responded in a thread about a Stelbel and said nothing about the Stelbel. I've always wanted to try a bike with their chainstays. The detail with paint matching the cockpit is really unmatched by anyone right now imo. Love the frame.
To be clear, that position was temporary. No work was being done to the bike while being held there. We had taken been playing with the seatpost for battery access.

Thanks Stelbel were great to deal with in regards to paint. I had done a lot of legwork researching the color codes and providing my local shop with specific directions. Not a fast process, but they got pretty close for all the requested details. Some of the better paint I have seen out of Italy.

Last edited by seedster2; 12-23-2020 at 06:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-23-2020, 09:31 PM
flying flying is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedster2 View Post
Campy batteries are already pricey, but that auction is price is insane. I stumbled across it and quickly dismissed it because it is price gouge for the impatient. I am fortunate to have two other bikes to ride while I wait for the updated V3 batteries are shipped.
.
Yes that ebay was crazy priced !

I wonder.....Many years ago my son raced RC Cars
We use to find "cell" wholesalers & solder a pack together ...Then shrink wrap them.
As it was so much cheaper plus we made higher amp hour packs than stock

Since you have the harness could you do similar?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-23-2020, 10:22 PM
seedster2 seedster2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 76
@flying I am entertaining the same thought.

1. From what i could gather on Youtube, it is possible to jumpstart drained lithium batteries. The capacity would be significantly reduced, but it would get me by until a new replacement arrives.

2. Alternatively, I reached out to a friend whose colleague does battery work and we are going to give it a shot. The battery is already toast so nothing lost by doing a little experiment.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-24-2020, 05:51 AM
Tickdoc's Avatar
Tickdoc Tickdoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: TUL
Posts: 5,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying View Post
Yes that ebay was crazy priced !

I wonder.....Many years ago my son raced RC Cars
We use to find "cell" wholesalers & solder a pack together ...Then shrink wrap them.
As it was so much cheaper plus we made higher amp hour packs than stock

Since you have the harness could you do similar?
Paceline never ceases to amaze me.
__________________
♦️♠️
♣️♥️
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-24-2020, 10:50 AM
flying flying is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedster2 View Post
@flying I am entertaining the same thought.

1. From what i could gather on Youtube, it is possible to jumpstart drained lithium batteries. The capacity would be significantly reduced, but it would get me by until a new replacement arrives.

2. Alternatively, I reached out to a friend whose colleague does battery work and we are going to give it a shot. The battery is already toast so nothing lost by doing a little experiment.
Good Deal!
Yes if you just find a cell replacement putting the pack together is very easy
As long as you have the harness/plug your good

You friend that does battery work will just need to look in your existing pack & check cell count, physical size (to fit in seat tube etc) & voltage. Then find suitable replacement
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.