Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2024, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwerziou View Post
This would be unexpected and intensely interesting, can anyone confirm this?
Yes. Like I said, I have around 1,000 miles on it so far. I am using an older bike that has 130mm rear hub for spacing. If you’re trying to dump gears, it’s not as fast as the shorter Chorus derailleur.

How I got here…I started out using Campy 10 spd Veloce. 50/34 and 12/29? I tried changing the 34 to a 33 tooth Gearloop KOM challenger 33 chainring and it dragged on 50 trying to use the 10-12 small teeth on the cassette.

Then I added Gearloop KOM challenger 48/32 chainrings on the 5 arm Campy Veloce crank. Had to also update the chainring bolts because the Veloce bolts wouldn’t work. Everything worked and shifted fine. Then I wanted to up the rear cassette to a 32. So I had to change out the rear front shifter, put the Veloce brake lever back on, 11 spd KMC chain and 11 spd Campy Centure? cassette. Everything else was Veloce 10 spd crank, derailleurs, etc. and it all worked fine. It looked 10 spd but was 11 spd. . After running this for a while, I move over to Chorus 12 spd and started mixing the SRAM cassettes. There wasn’t much on Campy so it was me just trying to figure things out.

There is a small company out of GB that can modify Campy shifters. They did say they could take a 12 spd pull it apart and put in 13 speed if you want to run a double and cables. All they said was it’s expensive. So I didn’t go that way.

The Gearloop chainrings I purchased off a website called cycletaiwan out of Taiwan. They make 4 or 5 arm 48/32. You can also get a 33, but it rubs on the 50 crossing over to the 10-12 tooth cassette.

Hope that helps. Sometimes you just have to try things to see if it will work or not.

Tags
axs compatibility