Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 07-10-2018, 09:49 PM

Mosaic GT-1

My new Green Monster from Mosaic. This is the 2018 that was built as the show bike for NAHBS. I just got it back from an immediate swap out of the Ultegra group for the Campy H11 and switching the wheels over to the Enves. So no ride report just yet. The only real frustration is that the Barlow Pass' do not fit. Mosaic advertises 38mm clearance. The BP's on the 25mm wide Enve M525 Gs measure close to 40.5mm so I guess it's expected. I have a set of BonJon's on order.

The build is all Campy Record H11 with the medium cage RD and a 11-32 cassette. Campy H11 crankset is 50/34 with a Stages PM. PRO Stealth saddle on top of an Enve post, bars, stem and GRD fork. Paint matched fenders as well. Will update as I get in some saddle time.

Original config with the fenders:

Old 07-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Administrator

nice Rob.

Massively good upgrade with the campy kit.

depending on how you will ultimately wind up using this bike, i've tried both, and i'll take bon jons over the 38's any day of the week for mix of road and decently groomed offroad. the 38's just felt too balooney and sluggish for me, and i definitely prefer the 35's, so i wouldnt necessarily fret over not fitting the super wide rubber in there.

what are your plans for how this fits into your quiver?

i love the look of this one. looking forward to the ride report!
Old 07-10-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
Mosaic advertises 38mm clearance. The BP's on the 25mm wide Enve M525 Gs measure close to 40.5mm so I guess it's expected. I have a set of BonJon's on order.

The old non-tubeless ready barrow passes will fit on a Mosaic with Enve M50 rims- at least mine. The new version of BPs will fit brand new but widen after putting miles on them to a point that they do not.

If you are doing gravel riding I would suggest Hutchingson Overrides 38s. They have some tread on the side but they are almost as smooth riding as the BPs and they will fit a mosaic. At least mine when mounted to Enve M50s.

Great looking bike.

Last edited by joosttx; 07-10-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:22 AM

Beautiful! Congrats! FYI, if you ever want to extend your low gearing, the mid cage HO derailleur will work fine with an 11-34 freewheel
Old 07-11-2018, 12:26 AM

So awesome!
Old 07-11-2018, 02:21 AM
Byron

Sweet.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:57 AM

This was one of my favorite bikes at NAHBS. I love the colors and the integrated fenders as well. Congrats and the H11 stuff looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2018, 09:17 AM

Nice purchase. I was looking at this bike on Pro Closet's site for a few weeks, and several times my finger literally hovered over the "add to cart" button. Glad it went to someone from Paceline.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:34 AM

Is this the bike the groupset you sold me came from? Beautiful rig.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:37 AM

What's are the differences between this one and the blue/white Mosaic XT-1? Are you planning to keep both?
Old 07-12-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomridesout View Post
Is this the bike the groupset you sold me came from? Beautiful rig.
You got it my friend! Hope it's working well for you.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12snap View Post
What's are the differences between this one and the blue/white Mosaic XT-1? Are you planning to keep both?
Actually I returned the XT-1 to TPC (props to them for an easy experience). I realized that one couldn't be converted to 2x and decided for my riding that would make more sense. So I traded in another bike and moved on this one. Ti, 2x and an aggressive more road-oriented geo but can take 38's. Honestly liked that color better but might try to mix up the tape and saddle on this.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
Nice purchase. I was looking at this bike on Pro Closet's site for a few weeks, and several times my finger literally hovered over the "add to cart" button. Glad it went to someone from Paceline.
Thanks. Yea I have an itchy trigger finger Literally swapped the group in time to head out the door on a trip (down your way) so no ride time yet.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
nice Rob.

Massively good upgrade with the campy kit.

depending on how you will ultimately wind up using this bike, i've tried both, and i'll take bon jons over the 38's any day of the week for mix of road and decently groomed offroad. the 38's just felt too balooney and sluggish for me, and i definitely prefer the 35's, so i wouldnt necessarily fret over not fitting the super wide rubber in there.

what are your plans for how this fits into your quiver?

i love the look of this one. looking forward to the ride report!
Thanks Angry for the feedback on the tires. I went with a set of Bon Jon's and finally got it out today and those tires rocked! Cruising along at a good clip on the road these things felt so smooth and as fast as or faster than my tubulars running 25/27 Veloflexes.

The bike is incredible. From the first couple hundred feet on the road you can instantly feel the smoothness but yet no loss of power when cranking along at 20+ mph. The bike and the setup doesn't give up anything transitioning from road to mixed surface. I can easily see this one handling all duties with aplomb.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
went with a set of Bon Jon's and finally got it out today and those tires rocked! Cruising along at a good clip on the road these things felt so smooth and as fast as or faster than my tubulars running 25/27 Veloflexes.

The bike is incredible. From the first couple hundred feet on the road you can instantly feel the smoothness but yet no loss of power when cranking along at 20+ mph. The bike and the setup doesn't give up anything transitioning from road to mixed surface. I can easily see this one handling all duties with aplomb.
Whoa -- what? Can you tell us more? I'm thinking my next bike will be something in this vein -- all road vs gravel specific. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool tubular guy so to hear that tubeless (which just hasn't tripped my trigger) compares so well has me intrigued...

I like to fantasize about riding fast and still try to hang on the group rides, but really not a "A" grouper any more at 64. The Mosaic (or something like it) may be the ticket.

Thanks for your insights! And amazing bike!