Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 02-28-2019, 09:46 PM

Dang that’s nice...love the blue and the dog too. Looking forward to a ride report.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:07 AM

Beautiful!!! That paint is exquisite, and the Campy build is perfect. Enjoy!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2019, 08:19 AM

It looks as though all I need to change is the reach. It's sad to pull the Moots seatpost and stem, they are really works of art. I pulled a straight black Thomson post and a shorter FSA stem from the CAAD10 and reduced the saddle tip to bar center distance the 5 cm I need.
Please don't hate me
Old 03-01-2019, 08:25 AM

FIREFLY=great frames. TREK=great shipping boxes.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:54 AM

Hah! I think it was a Madone. That box was a wolf in sheep's clothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff N. View Post
FIREFLY=great frames. TREK=great shipping boxes.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:36 AM

Well done on the paint. Paint on ti is awesome, especially when leave some exposed on the back end.

Great spec on the build.

Enjoy!
Old 03-01-2019, 11:36 AM

I can take no credit, having bought it from Ari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msriddle View Post
Well done on the paint. Paint on ti is awesome, especially when leave some exposed on the back end.

Great spec on the build.

Enjoy!
Old 03-01-2019, 12:07 PM
Ex-Mr.President

Besides the absolute beautiful bike, I am just happy for you that Tyler didn't send you a Trek instead!
Old 03-01-2019, 04:10 PM

First ride today

The roads dried up enough to do a shakedown ride and get bar position and seat position right. It's a lovely ride. The combo of the stiff frame, outboard bearings and carbon cranks make it feel as though I can't get any deflection in the bottom bracket, but it rides very smoothly (the Corsa 28s have to be helping with that too!)
Feeling very fortunate...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4809.jpg (150.3 KB, 200 views)
Old 03-02-2019, 08:21 AM

Beautiful-I like it all-painted ti, Firefly, campy. How do you like riding on the vineyard? I’m in Falmouth and the riding is very limited-I get over to the vineyard a couple times a year ( and have a couple at Offshore Ale waiting for the ferry back) to change it up a bit.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:54 AM

I think the Vineyard is a great place for cycling. I agree the Cape can be rough - my two sisters have places in Sandwich and I'll take the ferry to Woods Hole and ride there, the traffic combined with the zero shoulder roads can be challenging.

What's cool here on MV is that I can do various road rides from 11 to 75 miles; MTB rides all over the place, with >300 miles of widely varying trail types (there's a MTB ride every Sunday year round that leaves from the Grange in WT that I ride almost every week); and it's small and intimate enough that I mostly ride a bike rather than driving. When we bought a house, proximity to town and most of what we need was important. We're 4 miles to the ferry and 5 miles to the WT Library, and most of what we need is in that circle. I'm less than 2 miles through the woods to work. My drop bar Litespeed MTB conversion, with pretty smooth 26x2.2 tires, is an ideal MV bike, because the best way to bike somewhere often is a mix of trails and roads, so that's the bike I grab to go to the Film Center or to a Sharks game, or when the roads are schmutzy and it's cold. Also, if you stay away from the up Island moraine (Chilmark, Aquinnah) there's a lot of flat terrain, so I ride my fixed gear, which I never did all the years I lived in NH.

Let me know when you're coming over for a ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
Beautiful-I like it all-painted ti, Firefly, campy. How do you like riding on the vineyard? I’m in Falmouth and the riding is very limited-I get over to the vineyard a couple times a year ( and have a couple at Offshore Ale waiting for the ferry back) to change it up a bit.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:25 AM

Firefly #275 has arrived

Ditto on MV riding. It’s fantastic, especially when you venture beyond the bikeways and busy main roads.
So so many miles of trails of (mostly nontechnical) single track and fire lanes that connect more or less the whole island. Add to that all the unpaved roads that wander here and there. Some is mapped and some must be discovered. NH Aero is a lucky duck riding there in the off-season.

My main bike there is a 27.5 XC hardtail with 2.3s and smallish knobs. Sometimes a cross bike. A friend let me borrow an 27.5+ e-mtb, and that was amazing in the amount of distance we covered... but I prefer analogue riding.

The roadie riding is great too provided you don’t do it in peak tourist season because the roads are narrow and cars too fast etc.

Instagram

Last edited by sparky33; 03-02-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:26 AM

Stunner.
You are worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
The size of the downtube and the chainstays - yowza!

Instagram
Old 03-09-2019, 05:07 PM

First "real" ride

Thermometer bumped above 40F today with full sun. Went for a 40 miler. I think I can say this is the nicest bike I have ever ridden since my first derailleur bike in 1969! It's smooth, stable, but sharp handling. And comfortable - I'm sure the 28mm Corsa tires contribute.
I am so stoked!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FF at Cliffs.jpg (147.1 KB, 129 views)