Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-22-2019, 09:29 PM
prototoast prototoast is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 219
DannAdore Road Disc Build

Here is my latest. It's a tube-to-tube carbon fiber frame I built for a friend of mine. The geometry is based around her 2010 Cannondale Synapse, but with a few tweaks, and it's 2019 so of course it's designed around larger tire clearance and disc brakes. And of course her most important request was that it have purple sparkly bits. Some features include:
  • Built using an eclectic variety of carbon fiber sourced from USA, Italy, Ukraine, and China
  • Clearance for 32mm tires
  • Road disc with 12mm front and rear thru axles
  • The rear uses Paragon dropout inserts with custom CNC carbon fiber frame pieces
  • Painted with Spray.Bike sparkles

Planning to swap the rear from post mount to flat mount when PMW gets the inserts back in stock, then build it up with Shimano 7020. More to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC1458 (Medium).jpg (64.7 KB, 405 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1464 (Medium).jpg (60.7 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1467 (Medium).jpg (147.9 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg 20190222_160501_HDR (Medium).jpg (153.5 KB, 406 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-23-2019, 06:14 PM
XXtwindad XXtwindad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
Here is my latest. It's a tube-to-tube carbon fiber frame I built for a friend of mine. The geometry is based around her 2010 Cannondale Synapse, but with a few tweaks, and it's 2019 so of course it's designed around larger tire clearance and disc brakes. And of course her most important request was that it have purple sparkly bits. Some features include:
  • Built using an eclectic variety of carbon fiber sourced from USA, Italy, Ukraine, and China
  • Clearance for 32mm tires
  • Road disc with 12mm front and rear thru axles
  • The rear uses Paragon dropout inserts with custom CNC carbon fiber frame pieces
  • Painted with Spray.Bike sparkles

Planning to swap the rear from post mount to flat mount when PMW gets the inserts back in stock, then build it up with Shimano 7020. More to come.
Nice work Proto! Beautiful steed! You're on your way. Gotta swing by and check out some other builds. East Bay Pride!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-25-2019, 11:48 AM
prototoast prototoast is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Nice work Proto! Beautiful steed! You're on your way. Gotta swing by and check out some other builds. East Bay Pride!!!
Thanks for the comments. It's not quite on par with the professional work by builders such as Crumpton, but I'd like to think my homebrew frames are getting better.

If you, or anyone, would like to swing by and visit my garage (and dogs) and see the operation, feel free to PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-25-2019, 12:10 PM
XXtwindad XXtwindad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 561
Bump! For pursuing your dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
Thanks for the comments. It's not quite on par with the professional work by builders such as Crumpton, but I'd like to think my homebrew frames are getting better.

If you, or anyone, would like to swing by and visit my garage (and dogs) and see the operation, feel free to PM me.
We all have to start somewhere. I'm pretty sure any accomplished builder would be more than happy to have this steed be their inaugural(ish) attempt. Keep up the good work!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-25-2019, 12:13 PM
Mzilliox Mzilliox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Southern OR
Posts: 4,317
well this is just dang cool
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-25-2019, 07:05 PM
Lanternrouge Lanternrouge is offline
Barely Hanging On
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 1,265
I'd love to see a straight-on shot of the headtube for the dog. This combines two of my favorite things.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2019, 08:12 PM
prototoast prototoast is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanternrouge View Post
I'd love to see a straight-on shot of the headtube for the dog. This combines two of my favorite things.
Here you go. Plus the inspiration.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190225_175456 (Medium).jpg (110.0 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20181216-WA0003 (Medium).jpg (146.3 KB, 138 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-2019, 11:20 PM
weaponsgrade weaponsgrade is online now
Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,507
That is so awesome! I would definitely like to pay a visit sometime. I've long had it on the bucket list to build my own frame. Thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:24 AM
Lanternrouge Lanternrouge is offline
Barely Hanging On
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
Here you go. Plus the inspiration.
You can never have too much dog in your life I’m especially partial to Labs and retriever mixes, but it’s hard to find a dog I don’t like.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-27-2019, 03:19 AM
nvlacid's Avatar
nvlacid nvlacid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 16
Very nice

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.