Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Builder Spotlights

Old 07-20-2018, 06:22 PM

You've probably covered this before...but there has to be a good story about that Serotta frameset hanging up in the corner...?
Old 07-20-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
You've probably covered this before...but there has to be a good story about that Serotta frameset hanging up in the corner...?
The Coors Light Serotta is a frame I stumbled onto a few years ago. It's one I built back in the day for a member of the team and when I picked it up it was missing the original fork.

I was given a very nice deal on it and then set about building a replica fork for it. The near impossible part to find was an original engraved Serotta fork crown. One can still get the same crown we used back then but without the engraving.

I got in touch with my old friend Kelly Bedford and he had one gathering dust and he very nicely donated it to the project and sent it to me. With an original crown in hand the rest of it was easy to come by.

I built the fork and sent it, along with the frame, to Joe Bell and JB matched the paint for the fork and did some touch up on a few damaged areas of the frame....even using NOS decals.

Now it's back in my hands after 27 years and it's hanging in my shop. I get so few visitors that it's really not for showing off but I like looking up at it and remembering the excitement and deep pride I felt building bikes for the Coors Light Professional Cycling Team.

Thanks for asking - fun stuff to remember and share.

dave