Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2018, 09:39 AM

so did you ever end up filing a complaint?
Old 01-18-2018, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebikes View Post
so did you ever end up filing a complaint?
yes i did.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:48 AM

I sold a Freehub Body to someone on the Forum and the package was delivered with a hole in it... of course no Freehub Body in it.

I filed with Claims and went through the proper procedures and they asked me to send them proof of purchase.
I went to a local shop and they printed me an estimate and USPS denied it because the date was after the ship date.
I called and talked with someone after waiting an hour on the phone and said that I actually sold it for more than the $50 given insurance that I was just looking to get the $50 and she still denied it.
Completely worthless even if you do insure it you are at their mercy as to if that want to actually send you a refund.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyBgood View Post
I sold a Freehub Body to someone on the Forum and the package was delivered with a hole in it... of course no Freehub Body in it.

I filed with Claims and went through the proper procedures and they asked me to send them proof of purchase.
I went to a local shop and they printed me an estimate and USPS denied it because the date was after the ship date.
I called and talked with someone after waiting an hour on the phone and said that I actually sold it for more than the $50 given insurance that I was just looking to get the $50 and she still denied it.
Completely worthless even if you do insure it you are at their mercy as to if that want to actually send you a refund.

Tbf they wanted a receipt to prove you had the item. You offered them an evaluation of the same? Or am i missing something.

Paypal slip usually works in these situations ime.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
The problem is Jeff Bezos, Amazon contracted the USPS to deliver all their made in China stuff to suburbia via prime

I see a blown out neighborhood mail truck hauling a$$ at all hours and 7 days a week. Last night I looked at my watch and it was 8.45pm when that tired vehicle went by the house. That must be a terrible life, those guys are shot

I don't think the future gets much better as isn't Amazon developing their own delivery service? The churn will continue as those working conditions will be just as bad
So, if USPS delivers the made in China items, who delivers the made in America items? And, what if the item comes from Europe, who then delivers it?

Inquiring minds wanna know.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
The problem is Jeff Bezos, Amazon contracted the USPS to deliver all their made in China stuff to suburbia via prime

I see a blown out neighborhood mail truck hauling a$$ at all hours and 7 days a week. Last night I looked at my watch and it was 8.45pm when that tired vehicle went by the house. That must be a terrible life, those guys are shot

I don't think the future gets much better as isn't Amazon developing their own delivery service? The churn will continue as those working conditions will be just as bad
The guy driving at 8:45 was likely a PTer and had not been out there for that long. USPS delivering the last leg for other carriers is an attempt by them to better utilize their equipment and know how, though I'm not sure how well that is working. The other day one of the auxiliary drivers came to the door, didn't ring the bell and dropped off a small pkg. He was there a good 3 hours before our regular deliveryman normally comes and didn't leave it in the mailbox, which would have been much simpler.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:40 AM

Personally, I am selective about where I spend my cash and for a myriad of reasons it isn't Amazon or cut rate retailers. As a specialty retailer myself, I appreciate good service delivered by knowlegable people that are well compensated for their passion and product knowledge about a specific niche of products.

The list of places I refuse to spend money is long and dynamic, but I have my reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
So, if USPS delivers the made in China items, who delivers the made in America items? And, what if the item comes from Europe, who then delivers it?

Inquiring minds wanna know.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:24 AM
Registered (ab)User

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
give it a month or two...
Fixed it for you

I'm definitely pissed off at the USPS this season: Sent my niece and nephew their holiday gifts via Priority Mail on 12/23. Two 100% identical envelopes going to the same address, sent from the same location at exactly the same time; they went into the local post office's outgoing Priority Mail slot side-by-side.

One of them arrived on 12/26. The other still hasn't arrived, and the USPS hasn't been able to locate it since it fell off their radar on 12/25.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:41 PM
Post Mod-ern

Yes, this is what I meant.

It's definitely not OK to lie about it. I'm not excusing what may have been done, just trying to understand why the carrier may have done it. I have been in jobs myself where it was simply impossible to do what was asked with the tools/time/money available. But that doesn't stop management from telling you to do it anyway or pay the price.

Despite what you may hear about unemployment being very low right now, keep in mind there are a hell of a lot of people out there who ARE working who are just barely holding on in low paying jobs. Here's some info . . .

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/...rs-a-year.html

-38 percent of all American workers made less than $20,000 last year.

-51 percent of all American workers made less than $30,000 last year.

-62 percent of all American workers made less than $40,000 last year.

-71 percent of all American workers made less than $50,000 last year.

That guy who fudged on your delivery info is very likely one of those who are just scraping by.

BBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
It's not OK to lie about it, but I think BumbleBee has an important point.

Say the scenario he lays out is correct: A temp worker with little training being asked to do a job that is only possible to complete in the ideal conditions that exist 1 out of every 20 or so working days. His failure to complete the job is really a management/planning issue, not a worker productivity issue. What are his recourses? He could complain to his supervisor that the expectations are out of whack with reality, but they will probably just fire him and move on to someone else. He could leave the package undelivered and be honest about not attempting it, but then that's a black mark on his performance and... he gets fired. Or he could do what he did- game the system in a way he is strongly incentivized to do to keep his job.

I'm not sure there is a good answer here, just pointing out that your mail person is a human and perhaps deserves some empathy.
A thing of beauty is a joy forever--Keats
Old 01-18-2018, 02:42 PM
il Curmudgeoni

I'll go against the grain here....I've had great luck with USPS. I've lived most of my life in small towns and the PO employees have always been polite and very helpful.

And for amazing service, how about this recent experience. On the Friday before Christmas I sent a package to my Mom. It wasn't a present and the estimated delivery date was on Tue the 26th. On Christmas day I decided to check the tracking to see where it was and it had been delivered that morning....it took essentially two days to travel 2000 miles and was delivered on a holiday!
Old 01-18-2018, 04:59 PM

Have a frame w a expected delivery date of today. The last actual Tracking in or out update was the 12th. *****. This thread has me concerned now
Old 01-18-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
Tbf they wanted a receipt to prove you had the item. You offered them an evaluation of the same? Or am i missing something.

Paypal slip usually works in these situations ime.
Oh we went through the whole thing. When Where How... Bad experience in general
Old 01-22-2018, 06:22 PM

Ordered an item from Amazon on Friday, message from Amazon said it would be delivered on Sunday (yesterday) I said to myself, oh OK, it's one of those hand-off deals the USPS is in on. Yesterday received message that pkg would be delivered. Then about 4PM, I received a message that the pkg was undeliverable because the business was closed. The header is to my business but it is a residential address. The message said they tried to deliver at 2:30 PM. Today I looked at the pkg and it clearly says on the label "Carrier: Leave if no response" It was a total fabrication, I was sitting at my kitchen table with a full view of the walk to my door. There was no attempt to deliver the package and nobody rang the bell. I didn't need the item yesterday or even today. What hacks me off is that the bastards blatantly lie. What a boat load of $hit.

Last edited by Birddog; 01-22-2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:28 PM

My regular carrier is a nice enough lady, seems to do a good job, etc.....but she gets very pissed when on her week end days off they loan out her regular delivery vehicle to week end contract employees......who leave their food wrappers and empty drink cups in the vehicle she normally uses. She says they are not regular USPS people. I assume the weekend people are delivering packages. What a mess!

Last edited by Ralph; 01-22-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:47 PM
Randomhead

the woman that delivers amazon packages on weekends and holidays to our house is much nicer than the regular PO employees. But the service has been really good. I used to be annoyed when the final delivery was supposed to be done by UPS, but then it would say delivered and only later it would come out the UPS driver delivered it to the post office. And come to my house a day late.

amazon recently began stretching out the 2 days to mean that they have two days to ship. Which they then use up doing something else, so no way it's getting to me before 4 days.