Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
which I would not be surprised is more than that.

he also lives in Cali so traveling fees, hotel fees, plenty of crap the guy has to pay for.
Not to mention he probably incurred impound fees, getting his van back to CA, Transportation to and from court from the hotel etc.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:05 PM
Pack fill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
PA and OH have very aggressive state police revenue generation units. More than +5 over and you're paying.
Having lived in PA for 60 years and been driving for 44 years I can say with absolute certainty that this false. Do the State Police enforce the speed limits, Not until you at least 10 MPH over the legal speed limit. Just a little bit too much exaggeration.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
Not to sound crass....But what happens to the 5K+ that's on that site now?

Gummie party?
Old 11-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Everything is connected

If his charges were dropped, someone might want to tell him that in the interest of full transparency, he should update his funding page to sync with his Instagram, so that donors are aware of exactly what they are now funding. Most likely residual legal fees, expenses, fines, etc.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:53 PM

PA only allows State Troopers to have radar guns. Troopers are generally OK if you are respectful and what not, pretty professional in fact. No speed traps that I've ever encountered in my time here

If some of you think the wilds of PA is like a trip to the Yukon you probably need to take your blinders off now and then
Old 11-22-2017, 07:17 AM
Adam/SerottaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
PA only allows State Troopers to have radar guns. Troopers are generally OK if you are respectful and what not, pretty professional in fact. No speed traps that I've ever encountered in my time here

If some of you think the wilds of PA is like a trip to the Yukon you probably need to take your blinders off now and then
When I practiced law, I represented a lot of clients who had gotten traffic tickets. 99.9% of the time it was easy to get a reduction in charges if the driver had been respectful.

One time I was representing my father-in-law would rear-ended a driver and gotten a ticket. He’s been respectful to the police officer but was very rude to the driver of the car he hit. The prosecutor asked the “victim” it was OK to give my father-in-law a deal and he said “no”. The prosecutor said it was OK if I talked to the victim. I talked with victim he said “I’m sorry but your father-in-law was a real jerk to me and I don’t think he deserves a break”.

Thinking on my feet I said to the victim: “look, I understand my father in law I was a jerk to you - he’s a jerk to me too. But you’re lucky - you’ll never have another run in with my father-in-law and I have to put up with him the rest of his life. If nothing else, give him a break for me so maybe he’ll be nicer to me”.

The victim thought about it and said “OK”. When my father-in-law asked how I finally got the victim to agree to give him a break I told him exactly what I said. He gave me a strange look like he didn’t know if you wanted to hug me or hit me.

How you treat people in traffic incidents matters.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:35 AM

When I was hit on my bike the driver called me just about every name in the book. After hitting me while making a sudden unsignaled turn from the wrong lane while using her phone, while I was in a bike lane. During our depositions, I had written down the whole tirade and as I was reading it out to a court stenographer the looks her lawyer was giving her were hilarious. He must have objected about 20 times to get it struck. Definitely not a case he would want to risk at trial.