Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2017, 07:31 PM
ZhugeLiang

Bee pal, thanks for your explanation. I think I get maybe 30-40% of it.
It's quite alright. I have the same problem with Fuzz pal.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:34 PM

that bike and your name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Rapha/ Canyon on a budget. I found this tape at the hospital. The anesthesiologists use it to tape ET tubes in place during surgery. No comments about the taillight or housing being too long. I will never own another internally cabled bike again.
Two things: that bike looks great even though I'm a former Rapha subscriber, and even better is your username: Hank Scorpio features in my all-time fave episode of the Simpsons (You Only Move Twice, 1996) when Homer lays down perhaps the greatest Homer line:

Homer: [gasps] Tom Landry's hat, and it's autographed. "To Berman's Dry Cleaning. Best wishes, Tom Landry."
Bart: Why don't you buy it?
Homer: I can't buy that. Only management-type guys with big salaries like me can afford things like that.
[gasps]
Homer: Guys like me! I'm a guy like me!
Old 11-21-2017, 09:11 PM

I don't want to like it, but yea, that's slick. I think it'd look even slicker with the new whale-fin Zipps. I'm glad the geo of the Aeroad is too aggressive for me. Oh and there's also the mountain of student loan debt and a 7 week old, so $8500 bikes are out of the question. Nice to dream though! Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:20 AM

Hank: Hey, look at my feet.
Homer: Okay.
Hank: You like those moccasins? Look in your closet; thereā€™s a pair for you. Donā€™t like them? Then neither do I! Get the hell out of here! Heh, ever see a guy say good-bye to a shoe?
Homer: Yes, once.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MergeForTheKill View Post
This.

I know a lot of RCC guys, have ridden with them on their rides. Extremely nice group. Some of my regular riding partners are RCC guys (Though they dont take it as seriously as some) and they are amazing humans. And im far from a Rapha hater, i own numerous pieces.

But there is just something a bit cringeworthy imagining a big RCC group ride with them all kitted in thier RCC kit and all on the same damn bike.
I dunno, I would see this as a perfect opportunity to stand out by showing up to ride with your mis-matched kit and round tubed lugged steel skank-wagon. vive-la-difference and all that