Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 09-13-2021, 11:32 PM

Quintana Roo SRsix

Due to some unplanned downtime that involved an abrupt stop I'm eyeballing aero roadbikes. The new Quintana Roo SRSix really appeals to me. Disc brakes, T47 BB, incredibly aero, designed around carrying two bottles, very competitive price point and the ability to choose colors and components, and the geometry appears to be spot on for me.

The intent of this bike is for ultra endurance events.

If chosen, I'm thinking new Dura Ace 12 speed with Dura Ace 50mm wheels.

I wondering if anyone has ridden the SRsix or last year's SRfive. If so I'd like to hear feedback, specially on ride quality and handling.

https://quintanarootri.com/products/srsix

SRfive below.

Last edited by Hellgate; 09-13-2021 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:48 AM
but not really

I'd pick a canyon aeroad. Similar pricing and seemingly good customer service. Quintana Roo looks like an open mold option and in my mind is forever linked to the ridiculous looking triathlon bikes they sell.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:11 PM

I looked at the Canyon and contacted them. The problem is "no one" has gotten one yet and the delivery dates keep slipping. WW has a pretty extensive thread on the issue.

I hear what you are saying about open mold, however, this isn't an open mold bike. It's a foundry bike. In other words, someone like Giant builds it for them to QR,'s design. Open mold is something a foundry produces without outside design input. Only a handful of companies, Colnago, Allied, selected Trek, Spec, Calfee etc actually build their own frames. The vast majority of bikes, regardless of material, are foundry. It's been that way for decades.

As far as the QR brand being Tri related it doesn't bother me as they have been an innovator in the space for three decades. Dan Empfield lead the way on cycling aerodynamics and helped shape TT and Tri bikes of today.

When I consider a bike it's about fit, value and features. I've poured over geometry, Crevelos, Specialized, Trek, Storck, Scott, Felt, and others. Of these bikes I like the Madone. For ultra races the Isospeed is really nice.

QR appears to have the best geometry for me, they have DA12 groups, and they have a 30 day try it policy. The only thing they can't get now are the DA wheels. Not that I'm in a hurry due to my sudden stop, I have a lot of healing to do first.

I'm really interested in hearing from ppl who've ridden it.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:42 PM
SAVETHERIMBRAKE

I think you'll have better luck finding someone experienced with this particular bike on Facebook, there is a "Quintana Roo Triathletes" FB group.

Also this post is in the forum where people typically post images of bikes they own (it's the "image gallery"), this is probably a question better asked in General Discussion.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:20 PM

Quintana Roo is a triathlete-oriented company. I don't get a sense that there are that many triathletes on this forum. You probably need to find a more triathlon-oriented forum to solicit feedback on the this particular bike. Last time I checked (not recently) Slowtwitch.com was the standard tri community.

Good luck.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy-moots View Post
I think you'll have better luck finding someone experienced with this particular bike on Facebook, there is a "Quintana Roo Triathletes" FB group.

Also this post is in the forum where people typically post images of bikes they own (it's the "image gallery"), this is probably a question better asked in General Discussion.
Ah, I see that now, damn pain meds.

Thanks for the FB lead.

Last edited by Hellgate; 09-14-2021 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:25 PM

I just pulled the trigger on QR6 with DA group and wheels. Due early November. Should be fast! Celeste!