Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2023, 03:14 PM

Sram wireless blips

Awaiting delivery of a Rival AXS 2X setup. When I purchased it I was led to believe that the blips would not work with the Rival level. Now I've seen info from SRAM that suggests the new wireless blip is compatible with the Rival setup. Anyone have any experience using the blips (in general or specifically with the Rival level)? I've used the Di2 remote buttons and love them.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:29 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

https://www.sram.com/globalassets/do...bility-map.pdf

"For drop handlebars, the accessory shift buttons are optional for RED and Force. For Rival drop handlebars, only a Wireless Blip (ES-EAC-BLIP-B1) can be used as an optional shift button."

I use them on my MTB. They work great and are very slim.
Only downside is 1 click per shift, no holding down the button for multi-shift.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:31 PM

Works fine
Old 01-09-2023, 03:47 PM

I thought they are advertised as doing multiple shifts if the button is held down?
Old 01-09-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr50470 View Post
I thought they are advertised as doing multiple shifts if the button is held down?
Nope
Old 01-09-2023, 06:52 PM
Road connoisseur

The missus has wireless blips on her road bike and really likes them.

Does anyone have a lead on where to buy them right now? I ask, but I believe SRAM have disallowed internet sales of them.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:49 AM

You can buy them online, but finding them in stock is unlikely. Bike tires direct has a 2/2/23 expected delivery.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:49 AM

I posted a WTB a few weeks back in the classified section. I kept on searching the usual retailers, and randomly a few pairs popped up in stock at Amain/Performance, who a few days prior showed an eta of March... So I'd just keep refreshing the search options and pounce when they appear in stock, or when someone reputable will let you pre-order with a solid arrival date.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:16 AM

actually found them available at Pedal, in Kalamazoo, MI without a markeup or taxes.

Donald
Old 03-20-2023, 03:57 PM
Road connoisseur

Missing shifts?

Has anyone using Wireless Blips notice they are missing shifts? That is, you press the button but nothing happens. For a while, I thought that I might be pressing the button improperly when wearing gloves. The buttons are quite tactile, though, and give a perceptible click when pressed. I have also been very deliberate when pressing them on recent rides. However, the issue persists. They work perhaps 9 times out of 10, but that 10th shift will be one you really don't want to miss!

This review on Cycling Weekly is the only place I've seen mention of a similar problem. Funnily enough, the reviewer also doubted himself:
"I did however have quite a few missed changes on mine, but as these were when in the middle of a threshold level TT effort it’s hard to say whether it was the Blip and mech not talking to each other, or if I didn’t press hard enough every time, or if a bump in the road stopped me from pressing as hard as I needed to. I suspect it was rider error, not quite pressing hard enough."
Anyone else?
Old 04-02-2023, 07:18 AM
Road connoisseur

Following up to my own post, a term that I am not used to using in association with bikes - a firmware upgrade - took care of my shifting issues. There hasn’t been a blip since.

Tags
axs compatibility