Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2024, 05:01 PM

Any experiences with Raleigh Revenio 4.0?

One has popped up on my local FB marketplace with ultegra 11sp components for a good price..was wondering if anybody here has experience with it? Would be to replace the Klein my wife has been riding, which has been a little too aggressive in its geometry for her.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonification View Post
One has popped up on my local FB marketplace with ultegra 11sp components for a good price..was wondering if anybody here has experience with it? Would be to replace the Klein my wife has been riding, which has been a little too aggressive in its geometry for her.
https://bikerumor.com/review-raleigh...io-4-0-carbon/

https://road.cc/content/review/14086...rbon-road-bike

Looks like you could do far worse if the price is right!
Old 03-13-2024, 06:53 PM

My buddy who owns the local bike shop used to sell them. His mother rode one and liked it quite a bit. She said it was comfortable and efficient. Nothing too fancy, but it looked like a solid all around road bike.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2024, 05:44 AM
Vendor

I also used to sell them and ride them. I had two Revenio 3.0 aluminum bikes and they were both excellent. They rode very smoothly and had a nice zip to them --endurance bikes that I used both for grocery fetching with a rear rack and panniers, and for some very fast road rides and centuries. I wish I still had one.
The early to mid 2010's were a great time for Raleigh road bikes, really one of the under appreciated road bike manufacturers of the time, both the Militis (their race bike) and the Revenio were fantastic. The Carbon 4.0 was the highest level Revenio they made, if I recall. If that bike is in good condition and you want a stable but fun all-around bike, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Edit: Both of the reviews above are very accurate as far as what the position and ride feels like.

Edit 2: My friend is actually selling a women's size Medium with an Ultegra di2 drivetrain for $700, in spiffy condition. If that fits your wife, I can ask him if he'll ship it.

Last edited by Baron Blubba; 03-14-2024 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blubba View Post
I also used to sell them and ride them. I had two Revenio 3.0 aluminum bikes and they were both excellent. They rode very smoothly and had a nice zip to them --endurance bikes that I used both for grocery fetching with a rear rack and panniers, and for some very fast road rides and centuries. I wish I still had one.
The early to mid 2010's were a great time for Raleigh road bikes, really one of the under appreciated road bike manufacturers of the time, both the Militis (their race bike) and the Revenio were fantastic. The Carbon 4.0 was the highest level Revenio they made, if I recall. If that bike is in good condition and you want a stable but fun all-around bike, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Edit: Both of the reviews above are very accurate as far as what the position and ride feels like.

Edit 2: My friend is actually selling a women's size Medium with an Ultegra di2 drivetrain for $700, in spiffy condition. If that fits your wife, I can ask him if he'll ship it.
Thank you for your insight (and everyone else who has chimed in)! I think it's a aluminium Revenio. Medium is a skooch too big for her. Do you remember if it would fit 28mm tires?
Old 03-14-2024, 01:54 PM
Vendor

The carbon model easily fits 28's. I imagine the aluminum is no different. I ran 25's with fenders on my aluminum model.