Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sasso View Post
Considered giving one of these a go, inexpensive and a different look, kind of like a side loading "King" where a carbon fibre cage just does not look correct.

Thought they looked OK on this Stinner
Those are really cool looking. These are going on a travel ti bike and those may just be the ticket.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:16 AM

Arundel side load carbon

+1 on the Arundel side load carbon cages. You can get left or right side opening. For the road they are very secure, but not cheap.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
I got my wife a set of the Arundel sideloading cages. She likes them. I tried one on my MTB and it wasn’t secure enough with a Camelback bottle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediemracing View Post
I use CamelBak insulated bottles that lack the shoulder cut out so they tend to depth charge out of regular cages.

I gave up on CamelBak bottles awhile ago. They just don't seem to fit many cages well. Polar bottles FTW. CamelBak lids fit the Polar bottles, if you prefer their nozzle. The Polar Zipstream nozzle is just as good IMO though.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_11 View Post
I gave up on CamelBak bottles awhile ago. They just don't seem to fit many cages well. Polar bottles FTW. CamelBak lids fit the Polar bottles, if you prefer their nozzle. The Polar Zipstream nozzle is just as good IMO though.
I have the Podium Ice, the super insulated ones. They keep ice in bottles up to two hours into an 85+ degree ride.

Hate the nozzle, actually.

I have some other ones with regular tops but they're not as good as the Podium Ice bottles in terms of chill. The chill is key for me in hot races since I overheat easily. On the other hand I've overdone the ice water dumping and finished races in 85-95 deg temps shivering from cold.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:55 PM

Arundel Other Side Loader because I like right hand access. I use one on my MTB and have not had a problem with bottles coming out.