Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-19-2019, 03:20 PM

update 2019 Roubaix Comp Di2

took a long time to dial in fit cuz my other bikes have had more relaxed geo over the last 10 years. this one more upright and needed to figure out the comfort quotient = new stems rise and length, saddle fore, aft, up, down, etc. then went from 44 to 42 bars, 175 crank to 170, and Rol Range 21 wheels from installed DT R470db that came on the original bike. maybe shoulda bought a frameset and built it up? .

anywho on today's ride i got to feel the full pleasure once again of a dialed in and upgraded riding experience. love Di2 running half synchro shifting. also my low geared climbing with 48-32 crank, 11-36 cassette.

and then there is the comfort:

Future Shock really does work. over crap roads. today all bikers were bitching about horrible chip seal and general horrible hwy 128 near geyserville. i used to hate it too. but FS works well and when combined with CGR seatpost, 27mm wide rims and Conti GP4K2 28mm tires to 55psi front, 65 rear my 190lb slab of humanity was floating over dogsh*t sonoma county roads. my vertical compliance was at its best and as was my pedal to the metal.

Last edited by eddief; 06-19-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:34 PM

That will very likely be my next bike. I've got about 90k miles on my Tarmac and it's probably getting long in the tooth. Great bike though, especially when the tires are pumped to 80#. Gets a little harsh after that. But the new Roubaix seems to tick all the boxes for what I am looking for in my next bike.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:53 PM

Rol Range 21 alloy wheels

are 1590 grams and 27 wide external. they seem to go really good. they are $800 retail. my last next wondering is what if i had let's say $1500 a decent set of carbon wheels? would i say oh wow look what you've been missing.